The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Canadian Blockbuster Hockey Trade

21 minutes ago, FinchBird said:

6 more years at 10.5 after this year, with loui in deal and Markstrom new contract it is a smaller cap hit.

right hand depth chart brings in Tryampkin for playoffs with Stecher departure

Kovalchuk is this year only 

future cap issue gets kicked down the road when are kids are ready and on elc contracts

Tryamkin is a lefty.

Stecher won't  be moved this year unless it's an upgrade on RHD.

Marky + Eriksson will = more than price 10.5 cap.

I've always liked kovalchuk as a player, but what he did to NJD and his poor defensive game are all sorts of red flags to keep away from the kids in Vancouver.

I have a feeling Loui Eriksson will be gone after his next bonus pay out. So there's a few milion in cap space 

Just now, GhostsOf1994 said:

Tryamkin is a lefty.

Stecher won't  be moved this year unless it's an upgrade on RHD.

Marky + Eriksson will = more than price 10.5 cap.

I've always liked kovalchuk as a player, but what he did to NJD and his poor defensive game are all sorts of red flags to keep away from the kids in Vancouver.

I have a feeling Loui Eriksson will be gone after his next bonus pay out. So there's a few milion in cap space 

Tryamkin is lefty who plays right side as does Benn, Stecher has arb rights so waiting for him to handcuff canucks could leave them in Hutton territory

1 minute ago, FinchBird said:

Tryamkin is lefty who plays right side as does Benn, Stecher has arb rights so waiting for him to handcuff canucks could leave them in Hutton territory

Stecher will go to rfa and not be qualified leading him to go to ufa.

As said before you listed Tryamkin as RHD

He may play the right side but he is still a LHD.

Stecher is a good 7/8

His size will always be against him, with players like Juolevi Woo Rafferty knocking on the door soon that d core will be a little small

Edler Myers 

Hughes 

Tryamkin Stecher 

Woo Juolevi 

Rafferty

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

12mil for a goalie and a middle 6 forward or 10.5mil for one goalie. You do the math and tell me how a 32 year old Price with 6 years left at 10.5mil per is a better option than Marky and 2 more years of Eriksson. Lol. 

look at the whole trade, Canucks win cup this year or next while our superstars are on elc

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

3 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Stecher will go to rfa and not be qualified leading him to go to ufa.

He may play the right side but he is still a LHD.

Stecher is a good 7/8

His size will always be against him, with players like Juolevi Woo Rafferty knocking on the door soon that d core will be a little small

Edler Myers 

Hughes 

Tryamkin Stecher 

Woo Juolevi 

Rafferty

then i guess we should move Stetcher before he leaves for nothing, Rafferty is better right now. Woo and Juolevi are not small, but only Juolevi could possibly get into lineup anytime soon

13 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

He may play the right side but he is still a LHD

Defensively for him it doesn't matter, it is his reach that makes the difference and being a lefty playing the right point puts him able to one time the puck, an advantage. The other thought is that he turns both ways equally well, at least he did when he played here. That reach confounded a lot of players. Still remember Benn flying.

While sticks may be limited to 65" his arms are over 4 feet long;):sadno::lol:

OP's trade idea is great for Montreal but

Edited by Lazurus

1 hour ago, FinchBird said:

This is the only logical place for him to move, once Price says he has had enough in Montreal and he will, there is not going to be anyone else who can take on that contract once Markstrom signs his deal with NMC. What could Pittsburgh offer for Domi, Habs do not need more draft picks, Boeser has pedigree and if does not fit into Habs plan, he is an easy flip to Minnesota.

Lol. So it’s a given that Price demands  a trade in the future?  And teams cap situations are constantly in flux. If the day comes when they need to move him I’m sure they can do better than the crap deal you proposed. But guess what. Price hasn’t demanded a trade. They’re happy with him. They’re not interested in moving Domi. They’re fine keeping their players over taking 1 good winger, a   cap dump, a UFA goalie and a  RFA bottom pair D 

Edited by qwijibo

29 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Lol. So it’s a given that Price demands  a trade in the future?  And teams cap situations are constantly in flux. If the day comes when they need to move him I’m sure they can do better than the crap deal you proposed. But guess what. Price hasn’t demanded a trade. They’re happy with him. They’re not interested in moving Domi. They’re fine keeping their players over taking 1 good winger, a   cap dump, a UFA goalie and a  RFA bottom pair D 

Wow, bad day at the office or what, when Price publicly declares trade me, then Bergevin would be very positive to this offer by Canucks, otherwise he will have to pay to get rid of Price in next 3 years. Its a more than fair trade, in fact we maybe over paying in terms of cash, Montreal owes Carey Price the option to decide. Montreal has window open again in 3-5 years, Canucks window is now to 4 years. 

11 minutes ago, FinchBird said:

Wow, bad day at the office or what, when Price publicly declares trade me, then Bergevin would be very positive to this offer by Canucks, otherwise he will have to pay to get rid of Price in next 3 years. Its a more than fair trade, in fact we maybe over paying in terms of cash, Montreal owes Carey Price the option to decide. Montreal has window open again in 3-5 years, Canucks window is now to 4 years. 

A top goalie (despite his contract) a young 50-70 point forward who can play C or W and a rental top 6 can return more than a UFA goalie who is due for a big raise. A crap cap dump, a bottom pairing RFA D and a very good young winger. 

and again. Price hasn’t asked for a trade. There’s been no indication that he’s unhappy (other than an off the cuff comment during an 8 game winless streak where the entire team was frustrated). And all indications point to Bergevin being happy with him.  If you have a crystal ball that can predict the future you’d be better off buying a lotto ticket than wasting your time here. Otherwise  there is zero evidence that any of what you predict is likely to come to pass. 

If, in three years Montreal has to bend over and grab their ankles to move out Price I’ll offer you my Mea Culpa. But I’m really not worried about having to eat crow. I think you’re out to lunch 

45 minutes ago, FinchBird said:

then i guess we should move Stetcher before he leaves for nothing, Rafferty is better right now. Woo and Juolevi are not small, but only Juolevi could possibly get into lineup anytime soon

Rafferty proved SFA at the NHL level.

Stecher is ahead of him as of now.

Woo, Rafferty and Hughes is a SMALL group of d men. 

Jett woo is 6"0 

Hughes is 5"10

Rafferty is 6"2 my mistake as i mix him and Josh Teves up.

Add stecher at 5"10 (he's not 5"10) 

Average NHL d man height is just under 6"2 and 209lbs

You think that Hughes Woo and stecher would be able to defend against players we may face the in playoffs like Tkapuke, Kassian, Monahan, Draisatl, Laine, Wheeler, Schiefele, Stone, Pacioretty, Tuch, Raantanen, Jamie Benn ?

Stecher is in purgatory as his next contract with vancouver will be too high for what he  brings, he will likely sign with a team at a much, much lower cap hit then his RFA award.

He's a 7/8 undersized with limited offense, nit worth much and yet the canucks currently have no better RHD option to replace him.

Next year his spot is taken by Woo or Rafferty.

Trade him for what? A pocket of lint?

42 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

Defensively for him it doesn't matter, it is his reach that makes the difference and being a lefty playing the right point puts him able to one time the puck, an advantage. The other thought is that he turns both ways equally well, at least he did when he played here. That reach confounded a lot of players. Still remember Benn flying.

While sticks may be limited to 65" his arms are over 4 feet long;):sadno::lol:

OP's trade idea is great for Montreal but

I player minor hockey at all positions but mostly on Defense.

There is a HUGE difference for dmen playing on the strong side as opposed to not.

Defending opposing forwards on your back hand opens up more lanes for passing and angles to the net, also opens up scoring chances coming off the wings as forwards blow by the defenders on the outside.

Always want a rhd and lhd paired together, they can always switch in the offensive end.

Tryamkin is not offensively gifted. He should play on Left side with that size and reach, shutting down the stretch pass on line changes etc.

5 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

A top goalie (despite his contract) a young 50-70 point forward who can play C or W and a rental top 6 can return more than a UFA goalie who is due for a big raise. A crap cap dump, a bottom pairing RFA D and a very good young winger. 

and again. Price hasn’t asked for a trade. There’s been no indication that he’s unhappy (other than an off the cuff comment during an 8 game winless streak where the entire team was frustrated). And all indications point to Bergevin being happy with him.  If you have a crystal ball that can predict the future you’d be better off buying a lotto ticket than wasting your time here. Otherwise  there is zero evidence that any of what you predict is likely to come to pass. 

If, in three years Montreal has to bend over and grab their ankles to move out Price I’ll offer you my Mea Culpa. But I’m really not worried about having to eat crow. I think you’re out to lunch 

If you think I am out to lunch then why have you replied about 10 times to this post, are you by any chance a Habs fan?

I do not have a crystal ball, but I did buy season tickets the day the canucks hired Pat Quinn, it sucked for year 1 of his suspension, but I have seen the Canucks built from an Ash heap before and understand something about the game, this is not a prediction, it's an option to consider 

1 minute ago, FinchBird said:

If you think I am out to lunch then why have you replied about 10 times to this post, are you by any chance a Habs fan?

I do not have a crystal ball, but I did buy season tickets the day the canucks hired Pat Quinn, it sucked for year 1 of his suspension, but I have seen the Canucks built from an Ash heap before and understand something about the game, this is not a prediction, it's an option to consider 

You’re saying that Montreal will have to take a crap offer when Price demands a trade in 3 years. Seems like a prediction to me 

2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

You’re saying that Montreal will have to take a crap offer when Price demands a trade in 3 years. Seems like a prediction to me 

No, what I am saying is what would be best for hockey in Canada, Montreal and Vancouver now have different windows to win, our best chance is now with Hughes and Petterson on ELC. Don't take it personal, it's just business. Bring Carey Price home to win the Cup.

20 minutes ago, FinchBird said:

No, what I am saying is what would be best for hockey in Canada, Montreal and Vancouver now have different windows to win, our best chance is now with Hughes and Petterson on ELC. Don't take it personal, it's just business. Bring Carey Price home to win the Cup.

Regardless of its good for Vancouver or not You’re predicting Price will demand a trade, and Montreal will have to take it on the chin.

I’m saying that as of right now, they’re happy with Price and  he’s happy there. The deal proposed  is bad for them and  there is no reason for them to agree to it. 

The rest is all baseless speculation 

2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Regardless of its good for Vancouver or not You’re predicting Price will demand a trade, and Montreal will have to take it on the chin.

I’m saying that as of right now, they’re happy with Price and  he’s happy there. The deal proposed  is bad for them and  there is no reason for them to agree to it. 

The rest is all baseless speculation 

Everything on this site is baseless speculation, glad your amused though, perhaps Price will do a Sedins in Montreal and playout his career. Hopefully it works out better for him in terms of being a Stanely Cup Champion, I just happen to think if he wants a cup, Vancouver is the place to be, but then again, maybe not with him.

24 minutes ago, FinchBird said:

Everything on this site is baseless speculation, glad your amused though, perhaps Price will do a Sedins in Montreal and playout his career. Hopefully it works out better for him in terms of being a Stanely Cup Champion, I just happen to think if he wants a cup, Vancouver is the place to be, but then again, maybe not with him.

Not true.  A lot of conclusions can be based on cold hard facts.  But “ Price will demand a trade in 3 years” is baseless speculation