The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Canadian Blockbuster Hockey Trade

5 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

12mil for a goalie and a middle 6 forward or 10.5mil for one goalie. You do the math and tell me how a 32 year old Price with 6 years left at 10.5mil per is a better option than Marky and 2 more years of Eriksson. Lol. 

Don't bother with facts.

This proposal was one of the worst ever lmao.  And that other poster that started 5 proposals a week were bad....  :lol:

On 2/11/2020 at 3:46 PM, FinchBird said:

The Habs and Canucks should consider bringing Carey Price back home to B.C.

What could canucks offer to make this work as a win win for both teams, consider

Markstrom           Price

Boeser                 Domi

Erickson               Kovalchuk

Stetcher

Money works both ways in cap, deal gets done at ownership level. 

Just think about it and tell me why it's not good for hockey in Canada.

On 2/11/2020 at 7:31 PM, FinchBird said:

good looking gurp, whats your plan

4 hours ago, FinchBird said:

Wow, bad day at the office or what, 

4 hours ago, FinchBird said:

If you think I am out to lunch then why have you replied about 10 times to this post, are you by any chance a Habs fan?

3 hours ago, FinchBird said:

Everything on this site is baseless speculation, 

2 hours ago, FinchBird said:

say goodnight Irene

Well, pretty much everyone says the proposal is silly.

Lock this up and shut off the light before you leave.  :o

8 hours ago, FinchBird said:

look at the whole trade, Canucks win cup this year next while our superstars are on elc

How do you figure? We get slightly better at the forward position (could even argue we get worse since Kovy is not great defensively and we have no clue if he'll even fit in here same with Domi), and we lose depth on defense. All to slightly upgrade goaltending in the short term (which one could argue isn't even an upgrade with how both goalies are playing)?

Goaltending is not a problem and you make it a problem by taking a nearly 11 million dollar goalie for the next 6 and a half years. The problems we do have aren't fixed by adding Domi or Kovalchuk. Upgrading Marky with Price does not make us a Cup contender let alone a Cup winner. Cause like I said goaltending is the furthest thing from a problem for this team and this trade makes us worse more than it does better. 

13 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

How do you figure? We get slightly better at the forward position (could even argue we get worse since Kovy is not great defensively and we have no clue if he'll even fit in here same with Domi), and we lose depth on defense. All to slightly upgrade goaltending in the short term (which one could argue isn't even an upgrade with how both goalies are playing)?

Goaltending is not a problem and you make it a problem by taking a nearly 11 million dollar goalie for the next 6 and a half years. The problems we do have aren't fixed by adding Domi or Kovalchuk. Upgrading Marky with Price does not make us a Cup contender let alone a Cup winner. Cause like I said goaltending is the furthest thing from a problem for this team and this trade makes us worse more than it does better. 

Appreciate that you address the question instead of wagging fingers and throwing insults like others so thank you. here is how I figure.

I like Markstrom and how he is playing, but he will command a deal which puts canucks in tough situation, regardless of how this plays out, Demko will be forced out because Markstrom won't take less than 4-5 years @ top 10 money and expansion draft protection. Worst case scenario he leaves in UFA and we get nothing of value for all the investment Canucks have made in him over the years or he signs big deal and drops out of top 10 status in coming years.

Even if Markstrom and Boeser are a wash with Price and Domi, the biggest swing in our favour is getting LE off the books. 

Kovy is a cheap gamble for this year only, he either finds chemistry with his skill level which we need or he leaves in summer.

Domi with Bo is a match made in heaven, may be the best part of this trade, take LE off that line and insert Domi would be magic!

Depth on defence is coming from ELC players in system or we add someone at deadline on expiring or 1 year remaining.

Is this a gamble, sure it is, as is any trade, but I think this provides both teams the ability to move forward and win hockey games. 

As a long time Canuck fan, all I want to see before I pass on is a magic run with Lord Stanley in our hands in the end.