The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal]VAN -COL

tan

9 minutes ago, tan said:

To: COL Brandon Sutter

To: Van 3rd draft pick

Why Van do this: dump Sutter's salary. Have  Gaudette, Adam pushing for 3rd C

Why Col do this: need 3rd C after Kadri out rest of the year...

Modified NTC for this season and next, with 15 teams he can not be traded to....

We move him in the off season is my guess.

1 hour ago, 6string said:

Modified NTC for this season and next, with 15 teams he can not be traded to....

We move him in the off season is my guess.

Why would Colorado, a cup contender, be on the no go list?  I'd rather see what it would take to get Timmins out of there; I really like him as a prospect despite the health issues.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tan said:

Anyone can be moved.

If a GM wants to move you, you move on.......

loui says hi from the bench of all recent games

edler says hi from the last half of last season

(and reminds you he blocked a trade to calgary)

you can say whatever you want on here

but you completely underestimate the value of contract clauses

and ignore the blow back that will happen to this team

if it treats veteran players poorly

Edited by coastal.view

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Why would Colorado, a cup contender, be on the no go list?  I'd rather see what it would take to get Timmins out of there; I really like him as a prospect despite the health issues.

I don't know his list, it's half of the league evidently.

I like this trade.

Perhaps Sutter has COL on his no trade list, perhaps not. But I like this trade.

Ideal timing to trade Sutts is in the off season because he provides good defensive/shutdown depth for our playoff hopes, but I don't think there will be any takers at that time. And we may need to give up assets just to make it work at that stage.

This way we trade him while another team has a desperate need for his services, plus he is healthy right now...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

I like this trade.

Perhaps Sutter has COL on his no trade list, perhaps not. But I like this trade.

Ideal timing to trade Sutts is in the off season because he provides good defensive/shutdown depth for our playoff hopes, but I don't think there will be any takers at that time. And we may need to give up assets just to make it work at that stage.

This way we trade him while another team has a desperate need for his services, plus he is healthy right now...

I'd be down to flip Sutter for a pick like in this proposal, then trade a lower pick/ other asset to Detroit for Glendening (lower cap hit, can play wing or center, solid face-off man) if we are really concerned about Adam in the playoffs as the 3rd line center.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hammertime said:

Honestly why would we help them? Watching Sutter shut down the Canucks in the playoffs  would be a damn bitter pill.

...a pill that would be quite easy to swallow knowing that we have cleared significant cap space for next season without adding assets to do it, plus added a 3rd rounder to JB's arsenal.

It is assuming a lot that COL and VAN will meet in the playoffs and that Sutter remains healthy for long enough to play in the post season!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, tan said:

I’m sure there are more cost effective options available than Brandon Sutter to fill that 3rd line C position but if Colorado accepts that deal, the Canucks should take that and run!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tan said:

This is silly. Sutter ain't going anywhere when the Canucks are in a playoff push.

You want to go back to being a team with zero depth again?  I certainly do not.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

This is silly. Sutter ain't going anywhere when the Canucks are in a playoff push.

You want to go back to being a team with zero depth again?  I certainly do not.

This!

Everyone is in a hurry to make trades, just for the sake of making trades. Shiny thing syndrome.

• Cheers 1

I think we have the depth to do this trade. If we can get a 3rd round pick that would be great. Might be harder to trade Sutter in the off season. We will need the cap space. Benning has found some good players with 3rd round picks. 

We might be out a first this draft so an extra 3rd gives Benning a chance at finding a gem to make up for the lost first. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

I think we have the depth to do this trade. If we can get a 3rd round pick that would be great. Might be harder to trade Sutter in the off season. We will need the cap space. Benning has found some good players with 3rd round picks. 

We might be out a first this draft so an extra 3rd gives Benning a chance at finding a gem to make up for the lost first. 

According to Benning we are in good shape on the cap. He’s not going to move someone who makes our team better going into the playoffs. If Sutter was playing for another team, Benning would be offering a 3rd or better to acquire him right now.

We are in compete mode, not rebuild mode!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

According to Benning we are in good shape on the cap. He’s not going to move someone who makes our team better going into the playoffs. If Sutter was playing for another team, Benning would be offering a 3rd or better to acquire him right now.

We are in compete mode, not rebuild mode!

Sutter is currently a 3line RW on our team. That could change with Ferland and Motte coming back. Not to mention MacEwan who I think should be full time on the team and honourable mention to Baily and Graovac 

We might want to free up a contract spot aswell if Madden is going to be offered a contract after this year. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Sutter is a 4th liner on this team when healthy. With MacEwen's play last game I'd be curious if Sutter even has a place on this team when Boeser is back. I'd trade Sutter to make room for Motte and MacEwen, but not to a divisional rival. If we do trade him to a divisional rival they better pay more than a 3rd rounder.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1