The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Hawks @ Nucks - Feb 12 2020 - 7:30pm Pacific - SNET - SEDIN SPECTACULAR

Rate this topic

xereau

Ummm.....borrowing from my vacation fund to go to the game tonight.

I saw a tweet or Instagram post from Petey last night that his parents are in town for the game also.

I was fortunate to have seen Henrik’s 1000th point game and their final game, which I will never forget.

Will be wearing the waterproof mascara tonight.

Cheers everyone on this special day!

Edited by redhdlois
  • Cheers 4

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

I'm one of the lecturers and normally wouldn't care.  I love the people who get involved even if it's booing.

But the Sedins were SO FAR removed from that kind of stuff (booing) that I feel it does them an injustice.  It doesn't take away from their night, but it certainly won't add anything to it and makes it slightly awkward?  Besides....if we're EVER going to start building a new identity as fans (as well as the team) it's probably time to let go of the past and face forward?

/lecture  :P

On a lighter note...so incredibly stoked.  People sending texts...my son with a pic of him having his morning coffee out of his Henr1k mug.  Wearing his Hank jersey.  My friend who's kindly invited me to this game as we amp things up.

Just so good.

I hated kes when he was a canuck, basically from the first time I heard him speak. I don't want him in the ring of honour, even though I've softened a bit on it recently. 

but there's a time and a place for everything, and tonight is definitely not the time to boo anybody.

I genuinely hope kesler gets a huge ovation (and honestly, I think he'll get the biggest one that isn't reserved for the sedins) -- the guy did enough as a canuck to deserve some kind of happy ending, and moreover, that 2011 era team deserves to be honoured one last time. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, xereau said:

After drinking off brands for a long time, Bud, Molson, are like going back to basics.

They are bland, but clean. Almost no astringency, kind of bready.

Yes.  The bland brand it is (as well as that other horrid brand you mention).

• Huggy Bear 1

38 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

hockey daniel GIF

This one?

Might be.  Would have bet money it was against the Flames, but this sure looks right to me.  Even if he did this against the Flames, too, this is one beaut of many.  Thanks!

• Cheers 1

just sitting and chatting with a never die Hawk fan, who is going to the game....he is not too optimistic about the Hawks chances to win this one....they're playing their 3rd game in 4 nights.

Canucks need to be physical and take the body every chance they can.

Edited by Pete M
  • Cheers 3

49 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

The article says they are borderline. 

Not really that negative. Points out that their stats in comparison with Daniel Alfredsson, but fall shy of him in most categories. That said it gives them praise for their uniqueness ..."That uniqueness also might be their best argument. They seemed to share one brain on the ice, connecting on blind backhand passes with ease and grinding opponents with a cycle game that operated in perfect harmony. They partially changed the way the game was played with the high-slot tip they made en vogue."

Alfie's numbers are inflated cuz he played against the Leafs more often.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Pete M said:

just sitting and chatting with a never die Hawk fan, who is going to the game....he is not too optimistic about the Hawks chances to win this one....they're playing their 3rd game in 4 nights.

Canucks need to be physical and take the body every chance they can.

Time to blow them out of the water. Make it a party tonight!