The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jay Bouwmeester collapses on bench

Rate this topic

24 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

nice part of this is he doesn't have to lose any quality of life. The tech to keep you alive now is amazing. 

Honestly, as far as retirement goes for athletes goes that's often the best one can hope for. There are a lot of athletes out there whose quality of life is impacted by old injuries and the like. 

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Sorry if I ticked off people in the post earlier. I'm just getting like George Carlin, I just hate "soft language".

Snowflakes are going to be rewarding your post with those little snowflake (euphemistic down votes) confused emoji.  Carlin was spot on.  And he was funny while doing it.  Today’s snowflakes would protest anywhere he tried to preform to keep his voice from being heard.  

On 2/15/2020 at 1:32 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

Sorry if I ticked off people in the post earlier. I'm just getting like George Carlin, I just hate "soft language".

Man, Carlin was elite, ahead of his time. Thanks for the rewind of when we were soft but still weren't softer than butter.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1

On 2/15/2020 at 11:32 AM, Ghostsof1915 said:

You didn't tick anyone off. It just wasn't a PC thing or a 'soft language' thing. Its your insistence that it *was* that is weird. Your obsession with PC makes it so that you see it when its not there. Its really a matter of accuracy. Just like how a sprain and a broken bone are two different things, there are many things that can happen with hearts. You aren't aware of this. And you react by assuming that correct information is somehow PC. No one is pissed off at you, you just made yourself look dumb. And overly obsessed with PC.

• Thanks 1

Jay Bouwmeester has issued the following statement.

——————

I would sincerely like to thank all of the trainers from both the St. Louis Blues and Anaheim Ducks, as well as all of the first responders, the Anaheim medical staff and the team at the UCI Medical Center for their quick actions on Feb. 11.

Our family has felt the support of the entire National Hockey League family and the city of St. Louis during this time. We have all been greatly comforted by your genuine concern.

On Sunday evening, I returned to St. Louis and I am on the road to recovery. My wife and daughters are forever grateful for everyone's support and we will continue to have a positive outlook for our future.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 12:01 PM, butters said:

You didn't tick anyone off. It just wasn't a PC thing or a 'soft language' thing. Its your insistence that it *was* that is weird. Your obsession with PC makes it so that you see it when its not there. Its really a matter of accuracy. Just like how a sprain and a broken bone are two different things, there are many things that can happen with hearts. You aren't aware of this. And you react by assuming that correct information is somehow PC. No one is pissed off at you, you just made yourself look dumb. And overly obsessed with PC.

How is Ghosts obsessed with PC? How does he look dumb? Because you think he does?

51 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

How is Ghosts obsessed with PC? How does he look dumb? Because you think he does?

because he said he refused to be PC and call it a cardiac event when it was a heart attack. They are two separate things. One is a blockage in the blood vessels, the other is a problem with electrical signals. He was unaware of this, and assumed they were the same. And for some reason, he assumed that 'cardiac event' is somehow a PC way to say heart attack. And its not. Its an assumption. And since PC fits absolutely nowhere in this scenario, there was no reason to bring it up at all. When people bring things up even tho they are completely unrelated, they tend to have it on their mind a lot. Hence I say obsessed with PC and looks stupid. 

TL;DR heart attacks and cardiac events are different, and its in no way a political thing

Edited by butters
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1