The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

( Report ) Weber done for season maybe for career

Rate this topic

Squamfan

14 minutes ago, khay said:

I'd love for the Canucks to sue the NHL too. But the aftermath of it will be gigantically negative towards the Canucks. The media and the NHL will be on Canucks' a$$ses to make us look like bad guys. 

When Gary-f*cking-Bettman has a personal vendetta against you, it's going to get ugly for you. Remember Jim Basille? CEO of RIM who wanted to move one of those southern team for second Ontario team? He had the money, the market, and everything to get an NHL team and yet, he was denied for really no good reason if I recall correctly.  

I wish we traded back Luongo's contract during the summer and have him go on LTIR. Pay him whatever salary he was owed (1M). Luongo would have been content and the NHL will have let it slide given their history of leniency with players going on LTIR rather than retirement.

Have to wonder if something like this was considered, but Florida held us ransom and tried to pry an asset from us to allow it to happen in which we said no thanks and they went through with the retirement.

Either that or maybe Luongo wanted to start the next chapter in his life in some sort of management role or whatever he is hired to do now instead of sitting around for 3 years and yes collect a paycheque, but can't really do much else. Although I feel like Chris Pronger had a head office job with the NHL or something while he was still on LTIR.

44 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

That's a lot of money they'd lose if he does retire

Actually they don’t lose a dime. They do lose cap space though.  I could see the league reducing it since Nashville wasn’t the team to actually structure Weber’s contract like that. That’s on Philly and their offer sheet 

3 hours ago, qwijibo said:

LA says hello. (Richards) 

i am aware

but it is simpler at times to play along with the anti bettman/nhl conspiracy theories

repeated on this board

it is called the luongo rule

it applies to luongo

that is all too many on here see

(yet luongo appears to have chosen to make it apply to him when he could have gone on ltir so the nhl had little to do with this penalty)

1 hour ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Kypreos is a tool. Just replace him with Bieksa full time already

Kypreos is terrible. When I read this earlier I was literally going to come in here and post now watch the real report come out where Weber is out with a bruise. I remember when he said Tanev for Nylander was a done deal if he didn't sign by a certain date and then months later he was saying how Nylander was not being shopped. It's like he literally just makes things up.