The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Chicago Blackhawks at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 12, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

What a game. The ceremony was epic.

Worth flying back from NYC to attend. 

Met the pork buns lady who loves Burrows. B Morrison too. 

IMG_20200212_212844.jpg

IMG_20200212_191126.jpg

B mo is awesome.  Had a beer with him at old yale brew company in chilliwack a couple summers ago when he was there doing a promotion for his fishing gig. Such a down to earth and humble guy.

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

They give up shots, but they don't give up a lot of high percentage scoring chances.  Marky didn't give up many rebounds, but when he did, the team collapsed back and prevented most of the second chances.

What?  Look at the shoot chart. 25 of those 50 Chigaco shots were in high scoring areas.  We were terrible without the puck tonight.  

• Upvote 1

It really cannot be overstated what hot garbage the 1st round of the 1999 entry draft was. Probably the worst 1st round in the history of the entry draft.

Somehow Brian Burke managed to wheel and deal and come away with 2 Hall of Famers. Just an incredible feat considering the next best players from that 1st round were Taylor Pyatt, Barret Jackman or Martin Havlat.

99draft.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

B mo is awesome.  Had a beer with him at old yale brew company in chilliwack a couple summers ago when he was there doing a promotion for his fishing gig. Such a down to earth and humble guy.

2 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Gaudette did great for his first fight

Green needs to play the younger guys.  This 50 shots against can’t continue.  

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2

2 minutes ago, 1-d said:

If you stick around here long enough you'll know when Alf is drunk ::D.

Ive been around a long time. Don’t post much. If I live to be alfs age and can still handle a drink without my doctor (or spouse) backhanding me. I’d post irrational stuff all the time aswell. I’m gonna give him the benefit of the doubt tonight. If people watched from 6 and weren’t toasty by game time then they were missing out!

• Cheers 4

Boys worked hard out there tonight. Clearly the Hawks had their game going while we did not, but at least we kept the intensity going.

Sometimes your goalie has to steal games for you. Marky has been really good so far, but tonight was stellar. I gotta can't say I'm too keen on relying on our goaltending so much though. More games than not we require our goalie to play a great game but they are entitled to having off nights. If that happened at a typical rate, we would be a bubble team. That's kinda scary.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Sutter

36.8% ozone starts

1.5 on ice goals against per 60 at 5 on 5.....lowest on the team.

+8

15 pts in 33 games....

I dunno how dimJim is gonna get rid of him, but it'll prolly cost some assets to dump the bumb.

Cap dump him like JT Miller.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, IrishCanuck5 said:

Ive been around a long time. Don’t post much. If I live to be alfs age and can still handle a drink without my doctor (or spouse) backhanding me. I’d post irrational stuff all the time aswell. I’m gonna give him the benefit of the doubt tonight. If people watched from 6 and weren’t toasty by game time then they were missing out!

True I’m drunk as a skunk, but we got killed.  Marky stole this one.  We are not playing well at all, and need a spark.  A new coach (Babs) would bring that spark.  

2 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Boys worked hard out there tonight. Clearly the Hawks had their game going while we did not, but at least we kept the intensity going.

Sometimes your goalie has to steal games for you. Marky has been really good so far, but tonight was stellar. I gotta can't say I'm too keen on relying on our goaltending so much though. More games than not we require our goalie to play a great game but they are entitled to having off nights. If that happened at a typical rate, we would be a bubble team. That's kinda scary.

Exactly.  I think we’re.bottom 5 without Marky stealing games.