The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Chicago Blackhawks at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 12, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Alflives said:

True I’m drunk as a skunk, but we got killed.  Marky stole this one.  We are not playing well at all, and need a spark.  A new coach (Babs) would bring that spark.  

Your delorean might need a spark now and then but this team is doing A ok. 49 shots against in a losing effort and everyone rides pine next game (just like bailey) this win was of epic proportions from marky and these are game you make trophies about. I’ve played games where we were outshot 56-4. I scored the only goal from my one end(fluky as fudge) needless to say our goalie met his future wife that night. Got a pair of kids now aswell.

• Cheers 1

Just now, bullishfor2012 said:

You're pathetic...go to bed.

We got outshot 2.5 to 1.  You liked what you saw?  You think this is a sustainable way to win?  Our veteran leaders are soft.  Green dies nothing to get those guys to play the right way.  Green is a problem.

oh, and I am in bed. :emot-parrot:

• Haha 2

Just made it back home from the game.  what an amazing experience.  The Canucks could not have done a better job with the ceremony.  The ovations for Linden and Kesler were emotional.  Thank you Rogers. You can tell Trevor really needed that too.  Bieksa.  How is that man not employed full time by Sportsnet?  Brilliant.  Loved the speeches from the Sedins.  100% Class. The game.  Marky. Marky. Marky.

That is it.  Thank you Hank and Danny.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

We got outshot 2.5 to 1.  You liked what you saw?  You think this is a sustainable way to win?  Our veteran leaders are soft.  Green dies nothing to get those guys to play the right way.  Green is a problem.

oh, and I am in bed. :emot-parrot:

Coach Alf thinks playing more youth will lead to less shots against.

Yes Alf, it is your bed time - we've found something to agree on.

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Remember all those people that wanted Edler gone? Or at least willing to risk/question the relationship between him and the team to hope for a trade and re-sign? Asset management includes taking care of your own.

Elder is ours. Wouldn’t you puke a little bit seeing him in another jersey? Ugh. Those people remind me of some friends I had that said trade the Sedins. We need guys like elder and Taney around to build culture. Of course we can trade all of our players and win the cup but none of those players would be OURS

• Cheers 3

54 minutes ago, bree2 said:

sometimes we out shoot the other team  and we lose , so tonight we win and Marky gets a shutout.   the hawks couldn't have really torched us ,because they never scored a goal. having said that I am sure the guys will tighten things up next game

Lol  people been saying that all season. But... we have been outshot badly quite a few times this year. More than normal, but marky has been having a career year. A contract year will do that.

I think once were healthy and the team is clicking well start outshooting teams again.