The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian kick Cernak in the Chest - Now with Poll

Rate this topic

VegasCanuck

Let's see what people think for punishment  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

Again though, as stated, its intent in this case. If you shoot at someone with a gun and miss them, you're no less guilty.

I don't think Kassian had some sinister intention to cut him with his blade, it was just a dumb thing to do.

I agree with you, though, that action should be taken to set the standard.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Tystick said:

I don't think Kassian had some sinister intention to cut him with his blade, it was just a dumb thing to do.

Its kind of like when his defense to swinging his stick and breaking Gagner's jaw was, "Didn't mean to..."

"Sorry, was swinging my hockey stick around wildly and didn't realize your head was there....."

:blink:

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

Its kind of like when his defense to swinging his stick and breaking Gagner's jaw was, "Didn't mean to..."

"Sorry, was swinging my hockey stick around wildly and didn't realize your head was there....."

:blink:

True yeah that stuff needs to be taken out of the game.

DOPS never takes massive action though, unfortunately.

Whatever his intentions were, the results could have been scary and dangerous. It’s unacceptable and has no place in this sport. You’re wearing sharp skates for crying out loud! Should be a suspension. But who knows what the DOPS will do. Parros’s suspensions and non suspensions have been downright moronic at times.

1 minute ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Whatever his intentions were, the results could have been scary and dangerous. It’s unacceptable and has no place in this sport. You’re wearing sharp skates for crying out loud! Should be a suspension. But who knows what the DOPS will do. Parros’s suspensions and non suspensions have been downright moronic at times.

In any sport!

And it's like 1000× worse to do it hockey.

Wouldn't be surprised if Zack is back in rehab pronto, guy must be back on coke. Nobody in their right mind kicks somebody in that situation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Kassian is and always will be at least 50% clown. Ever since the Tkachuk beatings and the extension he’s been far less of a high-motor and more of same old Kassian. Glad he’s on top of his off-ice demons but what a joker move.

And still the Oilers keep re-upping this mediocre crew. 

Edited by zzbottom
  • Like 1

Can't believe how stupid that was? Players safety must deal with this, 4 inches to the right or left even the forearm would of had blood everywhere..

At least 10 games no question asked no respect, this could of been a very serious incident.. skates are sharp as a knife....

1 hour ago, Tystick said:

One of the first things that everyone learns in youth hockey is that you have razor sharp blades on your feet.

At no time do you kick at another player.

I saw an incident when i was 11 and the player was immediately removed and didn't play again for that team or year, no cut but made contact.

Being and NHLer makes this so much worse as he is a strong large adult in body army kicking another player with a razor blade on his foot.

Intent to injure at the least... maybe not premeditated... more brainfart by kassian ....though the intent to kick was there.

10 games and some sort of apology to Cernak, he could have killed the guy!

The league better do something about this.

Hammer this guy with a suspension, rest of the damn year.

Imagine, he gets 10 games, comes back and kicks someone again, maybe in the throat. The lawsuit for wrongful death could collapse the Oiler organization and severely cripple the league.