The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian kick Cernak in the Chest - Now with Poll

Rate this topic

VegasCanuck

Let's see what people think for punishment  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So he admitted to "kicking him".  He should be suspended for the rest of the year and re-enter the substance abuse program.  He obviously has fallen off the wagon again after the McJesus injury.  I don't see any other explanation as to how an NHL player would purposely kick another player in a position like that unless they were "off the wagon"...

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

Good.  With McJesus gone and now Kassian, Edmonton will fall like a rock.  We have a great chance to finish first in the division now.  Let's see how the boys play the next few weeks, but my prediction is Edmonton will fall out of a playoff spot and the Canucks will maintain and even extend their lead in the Pacific division...

• Cheers 3

7 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Sadly Kass doesn't learn. So much talent. So many issues. 

Yeah...part of me wonders if he "celebrated" his new $12.8M contract, and fell off the wagon again.

I mean, kicking a guy with skates on, and not understanding how that is an issue? Was he drunk/high in the post-game interview too?

Edited by D-Money

21 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Sometimes the consequences are established by a monkey spinning a roulette wheel at the DOS. 

1A0F838A-C653-4D3D-B5B5-258C9B1FF790.jpeg

forget 2011, anyone who watches NHL hockey knows Boston is off in its own special little corner at DoPS. This would be 1/2 a season if it was Burr back in the day. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Still can't believe the crooked refs called a penalty on Gallagher too.  Chara is one of the biggest pieces of garbage in the game though, so Kass shouldn't get a suspension based on that.

Kassian *SHOULD* get a suspension by being careless with his skate; but you and I know if he was wearing the Bruins uniform, he'd only get a fine.  And I loathe the Oilers (granted I loathe the Bruins too lol) so I have no horse in this race (unbiased opinion).

31 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Sometimes the consequences are established by a monkey spinning a roulette wheel at the DOS. 

1A0F838A-C653-4D3D-B5B5-258C9B1FF790.jpeg

This guy got 25 games for this.  Unfortunately for the goon, he was a goon (and not a Bruin) so it was easy for the league to lay the hammer on him.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

This guy got 25 games for this.  Unfortunately for the goon, he was a goon (and not a Bruin) so it was easy for the league to lay the hammer on him.

It’s really no wonder players take matters into their own hands.  I can see Gallagher taking out Chara at the knee.  And I would completely understand.   

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Well Chara just got a $5000 fine for cross checking Gallagher in the throat so anything is possible. Oh wait, Kassian doesn't play for Boston. 

Kassian was unbelievably stupid to do that. Should get at least 5 games.

The fact that the league went easy on that idiot Chara for a full force stick to the throat is pathetic. What is that turd thinking using his stick on someone's throat, someone who is far, far smaller than him? Chara has proven to be a thoughtless, dangerous player, but clearly because he's on the Jeremy Jacobs protection plan, he's exempt from punishment.

Seemingly, it'll take an actual on-ice death to change how warped and biased this league is when it comes to doling out punishment and making the game safer. I'm all for physicality, by the way. I just don't see how cross checking players to the throat or kicking a player in the chest with a skate is part of that physical play. It's cowardly and irresponsible.