The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Ducks @ Nucks - Feb 16 2020 - 2pm Pacific - AFTERNOON GAME - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

7 minutes ago, apollo said:

Didn't get much help from the out of town scoreboard last night... Well minus flames losing. 

How are the oilers winning without Kassian, Connor and Real Deal James Neal? 

Gotta take our destiny in our own hands and win our games. 

Leon Draisaitl and Kailer yamma midget

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, apollo said:

Didn't get much help from the out of town scoreboard last night... Well minus flames losing. 

Totally Apollo.  Scoreboard watching is for us fans.  Our players better focus 100% on their energy on the opponent they are playing.

The Oilers have Tippet as coach.  He teaches the 1-2-2 fall back and counter on turnovers trapping system.  That forces the other team to play the same style.  The game pretty much comes down to who scores first wins.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Lol.  It’s Vancouver

It’s one of the most beautiful cities in the world.  
If you bring a huge stack of cash, there is endless fun!

46 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Tonnes to do in and around Vancouver.

Granville Island, renowned restaurants, Robson Street if she likes high end shopping, Commercial Drive for more 'unique' stuff, beaches if you come later in spring, Lynn Canyon, or Capilano suspension bridge for hikes, Stanley park/the aquarium, day trip to Whistler (take her to Scandinave spa while you're up there)... 

Sounds like I could get her to do that.. How much is an huge stack of cash? And is it even possible to get single game tickets in The spring (read playoffs)? 

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

Bailey/Beagle/MacEwen.....likey, likey!

Yeah, keep Schaller out. He's too inconsistent. Bailey needs to keep his game real simple, like being more patient, tying up the puck if there's no play available, rather than trying to force something to happen, which lead to turnovers.

His size, speed and forecheck, plus the potential to score are something this team dearly needs.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, xereau said:

He's just back, says he wants to go now heheh.. which is a good sign.

Gonna guess vs Wild on Wednesday.

Depends on how the team goes, probably, or at least, the next time the 4th line looks lacklustre.

With Schaller and Bailey both in and out, maybe tomorrow (wishful thinking but I like Motte, a lot).

Motte is the kind of deapth great teams win with. I can hear the other teams anouncers now, wondering after a tough 7 game series, “who is this Motte and where did he come from”?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Tonnes to do in and around Vancouver.

Granville Island, renowned restaurants, Robson Street if she likes high end shopping, Commercial Drive for more 'unique' stuff, beaches if you come later in spring, Lynn Canyon, or Capilano suspension bridge for hikes, Stanley park/the aquarium, day trip to Whistler (take her to Scandinave spa while you're up there)... 

Love how you used metric ‘tonnes’ true Canadian!

• Cheers 2

45 minutes ago, apollo said:

Maybe that was the problem?

Maybe neither of them back check? 

25 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

Sounds like I could get her to do that.. How much is an huge stack of cash? And is it even possible to get single game tickets in The spring (read playoffs)? 

If you buy your tics now for spring should be no problem. If you are in Van for 4-5 days, couple grand will be fine. You’ll spend more on your flights than anything else, if you come you are a hardcore fan. I would put the money in savings and watch from afar.

on the other hand might be the trip of a lifetime, you only live once.

I was on the ferry once and there was 100 hundreds of those grey small Dolphins ...a huge school of them...all around the Ferry it was crazy.

As a Kid there was lots of Orcas around I would see them every few weeks, now it’s once every year if that.

im glad u saw Orcas it is a good sign.

Go Canucks Goo

also as a kid there was a Orca feeding feast the whole beach was red....I guess they ate the seals. Orcas are called killer whales for a reason.

Edited by HockeyHarry

19 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

Saw killer whales on the Ferry to the game this morning. This is a sign of the team with killer whale in its logo to win!

It was a very good sign. It is like for those roman legions solders- if they saw an eagle in sky in front of troops- that was a sign of a future luck and victory.

• Cheers 1