The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Ducks @ Nucks - Feb 16 2020 - 2pm Pacific - AFTERNOON GAME - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

3 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Who was fighting?  Did you see Silfverberg fighting?  

How is it third man in when literally only myers was trying to fight and someone else came to the guys defense?

You could also say only Mason was trying to fight. Myers did not engage with Manson at all. Silfverberg, Myers, and Manson should all be in the box for roughing.

Such a bizarre sequence of events.

Wish I could have seen the entire thing play out.

Was Myers just grabbing Silfverberg and trying to fight him? Cause if so wtf is he doing???

That Anaheim goon was 100% jumping in and throwing punches, so not sure why this is balanced out 5v5...

So strange.

7 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Who was fighting?  Did you see Silfverberg fighting?  

How is it third man in when literally only myers was trying to fight and someone else came to the guys defense?

Actually... Myers cross checks one, a second starts fighting with Myers, and Manson come flying as third man in...

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

He was engaged with Jones and grabbed from behind and swung around. Not embarrassing nor his fault to be jumped like that... Not that hard to figure out...

Lol ok he got biffed and dropped with one punch. Thats all that needs to be sed. He better hit the gym. 

• Wat 2

1 minute ago, DarthMelvin said:

Since 2 people reacted to my post confused. I have a pvr. Pvr allows me to record shows to watch over or at a later time. I was able to rewind Myers getting one punched to the chin to allow me to say that factually posting that he was not bertuzzied. Lol

We are confused at how you can watch the replay again and not see how he was engaged with someone in front of him and Manson engaged him from behind. Nobody is saying he was punched from behind or “Bertuzzied.”

However, Manson still came in from behind as the third man in and horse collared him. The punch happened while he was being thrown to the ice.

Let’s see how with it you are when you get grabbed from behind and swing around by the collar. I’m guessing not very. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

True, but I think that Myers also punched Jones, so I think that it's really not that bad overall.  

It was a perfectly legal hit on Elias, but Myers didn't like it and threw the first punch.  Ducks could argue that they should have a powerplay. 

Myers went after Jones, then intercepted by Silferberg. While engaging him he is jumped by Manson...Throwing punches. How many guys are allowed to go after one of ours?  The hit on Petey wasn’t terrible but I disagree with perfectly legal. 

2 minutes ago, Amebushi said:

WTF??  
1 - how is that roughing to grab someone already engaged, drop gloves and punch him in the face?

2 - why did Jones get away with no response. 2 Ducks grabbed Myers...are there no other Nucks on the ice to deal with Jones?  Looking at Horvat here. The guy should at least get a face wash and a comment about his mother!

3 - kudos to Myers for doing something, not particularly effective this time but I appreciate the effort. 
4 - REFS SUCK! 

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I might be because their replays suck....  

Myers just went over and punched Jones, so he technically instigated it and could've been looking at a game misconduct...  

As far as your second point, no idea why someone else didn't jump in...  

6 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

Since 2 people reacted to my post confused. I have a pvr. Pvr allows me to record shows to watch over or at a later time. I was able to rewind Myers getting one punched to the chin to allow me to say that factually posting that he was not bertuzzied. Lol

the guy came in from behind , I am sure you would have saw like the rest of us

• Cheers 1