Sign in to follow this  
xereau

[GDT] Ducks @ Nucks - Feb 16 2020 - 2pm Pacific - AFTERNOON GAME - SNET

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

so whys it a 2 pm game, seems odd since its a PT game.

I suspect with it being Family Day weekend that an earlier start time should supposedly allow for younger kids/families to attend the game without it being too late for them.

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

 

I asked myself the same thing, when I saw ERIKSSON on the first line.

 

 

 

In all seriousness though looks like they’re auditioning him for the deadline. 

Hope you have an incredible week LOUI!

 

Makes me wonder who sent scouts to the game to bolster their empty net line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

The downtown east side is the jewel of Vancouver. Wonderful people, very nice and welcoming and endless entertainment.

 

Hastings and Main is vancouver's times square if you will, go visit the world famous Carnegie hall community centre and be amazed.

 

A night cap at the number 5 orange, your wife will love it.

sold auction GIF by David

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, drdeath said:

Our Canucks can't repel boredom of that magnitude!

Emporer Palatine sends Stormtroopers, kidnapping Schaller and Eriksson to hide them in the shattered remains of Alderaan. There on the outskirts of the galaxy, Schaller and his companion were never found and never tracked down, with only residual elements of the Force they could not  be tracked any Canuck sentients.

20200216_130534.jpg

Edited by Hairy Kneel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Duodenum said:

The heck do the Canucks see in Schaller that the entire fanbase is missing. 

A good team guy that doesn't complain when he's out of the lineup and has been our top PK guy when he's in.

 

Bailey was rather ineffective last game on the 4th line. Schaller may be quiet there, but he's filling those 4th line minutes without many mistakes which allows that line to be trusted a bit more to ease the minutes amongst the rest of the group.

 

So speak for yourself, not for the entire fanbase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

A good team guy that doesn't complain when he's out of the lineup and has been our top PK guy when he's in.

 

Bailey was rather ineffective last game on the 4th line. Schaller may be quiet there, but he's filling those 4th line minutes without many mistakes which allows that line to be trusted a bit more to ease the minutes amongst the rest of the group.

 

So speak for yourself, not for the entire fanbase.

Bailey wasn’t ineffective. He got benched after an uncostly mistake in the beginning of the 2nd. 
As always, we have 0 tolerance vis a vis youngsters coming up and learning. 
i’m not really that mad about him sitting this one out, it could make him really underatand the magnitude of his mistake, but idk anaheim seems like a great time for youngsters to get their feet wet on our team. Kind of weird.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I suspect with it being Family Day weekend that an earlier start time should supposedly allow for younger kids/families to attend the game without it being too late for them.

From Nux website:

 

Children from organizations who have been positively impacted by the Sedin family's dedication to the community will join the twins in a special pre-game ceremony at 1:45pm.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

with more hitting than 2/3rds of the entire roster

ZM brings up the baseline for physical play all on his own. His game is well rounded and seems to able to play up and down the lineup. Bailey feels like a bit more of a project but with lots of potential and upside. I’m just not sure his game is sound enough for a bottom six role on a line that will have to spend time in their own zone defending during this key stretch of the season. But to your point, you never know until you try. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

didn't notice before, but Burke's eyes were tearing up when Hank was thanking him.

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to see Demko get the nod. Give Marky some much needed rest. Hope to see Motte get some action soon. And hopefully we reel in another crucial two points with the Coilers right on our tails. GCG!

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CaptKirk888 said:

If you buy your tics now for spring should be no problem. If you are in Van for 4-5 days, couple grand will be fine. You’ll spend more on your flights than anything else, if you come you are a hardcore fan. I would put the money in savings and watch from afar.

on the other hand might be the trip of a lifetime, you only live once.

Sounds like i will try to re-plan our 3 weeks in Florida next year to be a while in Van aswell.

 

25 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Vancouver is a world class city. There is so much to see and do. Well worth the trip. Whistler only an hour away, Gastown, Canada Place, Granville Island, English Bay, the Sea Wall, the views of the North Shore mountains, world class hotels and restaurants. Night life on Granville street, etc etc. 

Sounds incredible

 

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

I forgot whale watching too. And helicopter tours (both are pricier but are pretty awesome). Depending on how long your here for you could also spend a good few days on the island visiting Victoria, Tofino, Cathedral Grove, Butchart gardens etc too.

 

Another member jokingly referred you to East Van and the downtown East side but while there are indeed some sketchy areas there, there's actually a tonne of REALLY good micro breweries and hole in the real restaurants in East Van (I recommend 8-1/2, great restaurant). And the downtown East side is right by Gastown, China Town etc as well.

 

And spring can mean March too ;) But either way, yes you should be able to find tickets. Playoff ones will obviously cost more.

 

As for cash, it's expensive to live here, but as long as you're not buying real estate you should be fine. It's not really more expensive than any other major metropolitan city and coming from Europe (IIRC), you might find it comparatively affordable lol. 

 

It's certainly not Mexico or the more affordable Asian countries for travel costs though.

Micro breweries is my thing! Love it.. Cant be more expensive than Reykjavik where we went for engagement, was incredibly expensive but an amazing place. 

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

From Nux website:

 

Children from organizations who have been positively impacted by the Sedin family's dedication to the community will join the twins in a special pre-game ceremony at 1:45pm.

Yes and because kids are involved, also to watch the game, they likely didn't want a 7pm start time. Gives the families time to go out for a dinner after the game. Also beneficial for the out of towners to do a day trip for the game and out.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lines in warm-up:

 

Pearson-Horvat-Eriksson

Miller-Pettersson-Virtanen

Roussel-Gaudette-Sutter

Schaller-Beagle-MacEwen

 

Edler-Stecher

Hughes-Tanev

Benn-Myers

 

Demko

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Great. Now I get to tear up for a second time watching the replay of the Sedin Retirement Ceremony. 

Oh, no, tears are falling ...

 

spacer.png

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Duodenum said:

The heck do the Canucks see in Schaller that the entire fanbase is missing. 

 

1 hour ago, stawns said:

what does he do that's so bad?  He plays a pretty solid defensive game, brings some size and physicality and he can go on the occasional goal scoring streak, and ultimately heonly plays 10 mins a night..  The bigger question is, what is it that makes you dislike him so much?

Just weighing in on the Schaller vs. Bailey situation.

 

1. First, Bailey has not yet won the trust of Green. He only played 3 minutes in the last game. Personally,  I like Bailey's game -- good size, physical play, high energy, good speed, and he was scoring in Utica. I would like to see more of him. But Green is not sold  yet. And he obviously sees more than most of us do, especially with the benefit of video and input from the video coaches.

 

2. As for Schaller, he has not been as good with the Canucks as he was with Boston, which means that he has been a disappointment. His 6 pts in 50 games this year is poor, even for a guy playing only about 9 or 10 minutes a game. The only forward on the team with a lower even strength pts per 60 number is Beagle. Schaller's +/- of -13 is poor, as are his Corsi numbers.  And that is not explainable on the basis of tough quality of opposition, as the Horvat line took over the primary shutdown duty in late November and the Beagle line has had a quality of opposition that is no better than average and probably weaker than average. 

 

However, Schaller is good on the PK. He has played more PK minutes this year than any forward except for Beagle, and his goals against per 60 minutes is better than Beagle or Sutter. He also has a good number for hits per 60 minutes. And he has shown flashes of good offensive performance this year.  

 

So, bottom line: just having Schaller around for the PK is a big plus, as Green would not trust Bailey on the PK. Also, if Schaller is rested and able to play a high energy game, he can be very valuable in terms of the physical game. And he has been a solid NHL player for quite a few years. Green probably thinks Schaller is a better bet than Bailey for the stretch run and would like to give him some confidence--or at least give him another shot to show that he should be in the line-up. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Sedinery 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Bailey wasn’t ineffective. He got benched after an uncostly mistake in the beginning of the 2nd. 
As always, we have 0 tolerance vis a vis youngsters coming up and learning. 
i’m not really that mad about him sitting this one out, it could make him really underatand the magnitude of his mistake, but idk anaheim seems like a great time for youngsters to get their feet wet on our team. Kind of weird.  

Don't take any games lightly. Keep the foot on the gas. If a player can't be trusted (yet), they need to watch the game and understand. This isn't Bailey first crack at the NHL level, so those mistakes should be out of his system especially when trying to establish yourself with the opportunity given. We are still in the playoff push, so we want to ice the best lineup possible.

 

I think Bailey would be better suited in a sheltered 3rd line role, but he needs to earn it. MacEwen has earned the trust and is getting the minutes. If you can't play your given minutes to the point where the coach can trust you in any role then you've become ineffective. This doesn't mean the player is poor, just isn't ready and hopefully get through the learning curve. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, theo5789 said:

Don't take any games lightly. Keep the foot on the gas. If a player can't be trusted (yet), they need to watch the game and understand. This isn't Bailey first crack at the NHL level, so those mistakes should be out of his system especially when trying to establish yourself with the opportunity given. We are still in the playoff push, so we want to ice the best lineup possible.

 

I think Bailey would be better suited in a sheltered 3rd line role, but he needs to earn it. MacEwen has earned the trust and is getting the minutes. If you can't play your given minutes to the point where the coach can trust you in any role then you've become ineffective. This doesn't mean the player is poor, just isn't ready and hopefully get through the learning curve. 

Every player makes mistakes.  It’s a good coach who gets the best out of his players, while not ruining any player’s confidence.  We gave up 49 shots last game.  There were a lot of mistakes made by a lot of players.  Green makes some interesting choices.  I’m not at all confident about his choices for today’s game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.