The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Mystery

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Good luck with that :lol:

That's the ask though per Friedman - see below.  Pretty much guaranteed that he is not going anywhere.  The Wild have plenty of wingers and their wing prospects are doing really well.  They are missing high end Cs.  They have Khovanov and it seems like Boldy played some C but that's pretty much it.   

They have no C2 and have been forcing wingers to play C.  Staal has slowed down and his age is showing.  Getting a C1 is a desperate need.  Getting a winger like Boeser is an unnecessary luxury - in a few years it would be different.  They are stuck with Parise, Zuccarello, are really high on Fiala and Guerin thought so much of Kaprisov that he traded Zucker to create a spot for him.    

Guerin wouldn’t discuss specifics, but, according to industry buzz, the most asked-about player on his roster is Jonas Brodin, followed by Mathew Dumba. (I’d bet there’s a bit for Marcus Foligno, too.) I don’t get the sense he’s inclined to do anything with either, unless it involves an elite centre, or maybe a No. 2 centre, providing that includes something extra — like a couple of first-rounders or something along those lines. 

Whatever the case, Guerin could have made several moves already, but showed patience. The biggest beneficiary may be the Wild itself, because it would have been easy to give up on Kevin Fiala, now on a tear.

“Big difference,” Guerin said. “He’s driven.”

3 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

if minny got a c1 for dumba and boeser as his winger, they would need him. 

the question is, what is fair both ways?

They believe in Kaprisov and have Fiala.

David Poile made the bet that Fiala will become a 30 goal scorer when he traded him.  He's had no one to set him up this season and had to create the goals himself.  Boeser has mostly played with elite playmaker Pettersson.  

Edited by mll

4 hours ago, smithers joe said:

my attempt to make a trade that helps both teams. 

vancouver sends...boeser...brisebois...goldobin and a 3rd round pick to

minnesota..for fiala...khovanov...soucy and a 1st round pick.

not trying to move brock but trying to create a trade that the other team might find fair. 

Trading Boeser right now would reflect poorly on the Canucks’ organization.    You don’t trade a guy who’s been your top scorer for the better part of the last three years, and is now struggling emotionally due to his father’s illness.    If you’re a GM of a team, you can’t treat your players and do operations like it’s an assembly line.    You just can’t.

Now having said that, IF Brock makes some kind of request to the team to be traded so that he could be closer to his father and family (ie Brock to Minnesota), then yes..........perhaps a Boeser for Dumba type deal would be appropriate. 

Edited by DarkIndianRises

6 hours ago, mll said:

Not Guerin though.  It was Fenton that wanted Boeser for Zucker.  He's no longer in charge.  Guerin is looking for a C1.  

C1 fro Dumba. 

They need waaaay more than just that in Minni. They would be crazy not to be interested in Bess he would sell tickets which they kinda need to do. having a local boy fan favorite would just plain be a good business move as long as  they do inevitably get that 1c for Boeser to play with. 

I'm not opposed to trading Boeser he's kind of a 1 dimensional player. That one dimension is very good mind you but when he isn't scoring he isn't doing much else. The league isn't getting slower and Boeser isn't getting faster. Part of me feels he's peaked. That being said I'm pretty ok with him being a 20-30 goal 60 pt player.

I think Fiala for Boeser is a great starting point. I highly doubt their 1st would be available as part of this arrangement as like it or not their headed to the basement this year to stay. I like Fiala he's got wheels to burn and can handle the puck at full flight he can dish and finish I feel like on the Canucks he would be out producing Boeser but more importantly his linemates might be more productive too. 

21 hours ago, hammertime said:

C1 fro Dumba. 

They need waaaay more than just that in Minni. They would be crazy not to be interested in Bess he would sell tickets which they kinda need to do. having a local boy fan favorite would just plain be a good business move as long as  they do inevitably get that 1c for Boeser to play with. 

I'm not opposed to trading Boeser he's kind of a 1 dimensional player. That one dimension is very good mind you but when he isn't scoring he isn't doing much else. The league isn't getting slower and Boeser isn't getting faster. Part of me feels he's peaked. That being said I'm pretty ok with him being a 20-30 goal 60 pt player.

I think Fiala for Boeser is a great starting point. I highly doubt their 1st would be available as part of this arrangement as like it or not their headed to the basement this year to stay. I like Fiala he's got wheels to burn and can handle the puck at full flight he can dish and finish I feel like on the Canucks he would be out producing Boeser but more importantly his linemates might be more productive too. 

Not for Minnesota.

Since 1 November Fiala has better numbers than Boeser despite playing with far lesser linemates and getting less opportunities - he was not on PP1 until very recently.  Observers in Minnesota are talking of how they've hardly ever had a player like him in franchise history.  They sound beyond excited about him.  He was breaking out under Boudreau but for whatever reason Guerin made a coaching change.  

Minnesota has no playmaking Cs.  Boeser wouldn't have an elite playmaker like Pettersson to set him up.  There would also be no one to create space for him.  There have too little speed in their lineup especially now that Zucker has been traded.  Fiala has speed to burn so he can create space - Boeser's skating doesn't allow him to.  He'll more likely struggle to maintain his production because the way they are set up doesn't help his skill set. 

I don't think Guerin would care about Boeser being a local kid.  Zucker won the King Clancy for his charitable contribution and was very active in the community.  He was a fan favourite with his wife also being a local personality.  Guerin explaining the trade was saying he's not dumb and knows how much Zucker meant to the community but it's about doing what's best for the team.

Edited by mll

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposal] Mystery