The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

Just now, 73 Percent said:

I wonder if JB trades tanev for a pick after the season finishes. Clear up salary. Recoup a top round pick. 

Or

Package tanev with loui as a salary dump. 

Tanev doesn't have that kind of value as a pending UFA.

21 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

A win for the Canucks.

I'm more concerned over the loss of the 2nd than trading Madden, whose best hope on this team down the road would be as a winger, and even then his prospects would be slim with what the Canucks have coming in or already have.

And I'm hoping the Canucks have to throw in the extra 4th on this deal.

regards,  G.

PS - and for all the glass is half empty crowd, who knows, Madden might not have wanted to remain with the Canucks, or he may choose to not sign with the Kings and winds up back with the Canucks, OR, maybe the Canucks elect to trade Toffoli to another team for more picks/prospects than they gave up to get him.

Great point that's being missed.  We can re-sign Toffoli and trade him once one of the kids look prime to take his spot.  Good chance his production goes up playing for us just like Pearson's did and we can recoup the picks we've spent.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Nope, if anything it tells me they see Jake as a guy who can drive a line, as opposed to being the third to a pair.  That move had already been made when BB was healthy because BB on Gauds line wasn't working, as there was no driver on that line.  Personally, I think they see Jake as one of their top 4-5 fwds.

I think that Jake brings some good elements to the team, but I just dont think he can provide what Brock does to the top line.   This trade is proof.  If they thought Jake was a viable option they wouldnt have coughed up all those assets to get a replacement for Brock.  Sure enough ...this morning Toffoli is practicing with Miller and EP...Jake is back down to the third line.  Would have been easy enough to pair Toffoli with his old buddy Pearson and Bo, and keep Jake on the first wouldnt it?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Darius said:

I think that Jake brings some good elements to the team, but I just dont think he can provide what Brock does to the top line.   This trade is proof.  If they thought Jake was a viable option they wouldnt have coughed up all those assets to get a replacement for Brock.  Sure enough ...this morning Toffoli is practicing with Miller and EP...Jake is back down to the third line.  Would have been easy enough to pair Toffoli with his old buddy Pearson and Bo, and keep Jake on the first wouldnt it?

Jake has made that line much better and much harder to handle than BB does.  Boeser barely touches the puck with Miller and Petey

• Wat 2

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Nope, if anything it tells me they see Jake as a guy who can drive a line, as opposed to being the third to a pair.  That move had already been made when BB was healthy because BB on Gauds line wasn't working, as there was no driver on that line.  Personally, I think they see Jake as one of their top 4-5 fwds.

I still say Jake looks better on the third line with Gaudette, and no that doesn't mean I don't like Jake. I think we will see a better Boeser come back healthy for the playoffs

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Geurin should keep Dumba, and draft a centre.  Number one ceiling young centres are rare, and expensive.  RJ cost Seth Jones, and RJ isn’t even that good.  

They'll have no choice but to draft that C1.  Guerin doesn't seem to want to move Dumba per Friedman's quote.  His name is probably only out there on the odd chance they can find a RJ for Jones type of deal.  Don't see it happening.   

2 minutes ago, bree2 said:

I still say Jake looks better on the third line with Gaudette, and no that doesn't mean I don't like Jake. I think we will see a better Boeser come back healthy for the playoffs

Jake makes that line better. It’s nice he can up and down the lineup. Speaks volumes about his game now. People read into it to much when he gets moved off the first line

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bree2 said:

We really need a 3rd line that is a threat - it can be a real difference maker down the stretch and in the playoffs. I agree with Jake on the 3rd 

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

16 hours ago, Lazurus said:

Miracles really, the team has not enough cap space to re-sign all the expiring contracts, I am not sure that Boeser can even come back before the end of the season.

Oh no!

The

sky

is 

falling!

:frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic:

Why do people make statements like this? Obviously they don't have the math skills nor the creativity or business acumen to even contemplate such an issue. Of course Boeser can be fit in ... what kind of nonsensical thinking is that? Where do people get off making statements like this?

• Cheers 1