The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Totally agree except that Madden will sign in LA.  There is room for him in their top nine now.  I agree Madden likely wouldn’t have come out early for us.  No room here.  

I just have a tough time getting over Maddens weight. DIfferent stories but somewhere between 150 - 160 pounds. His upside is there but as a 3C how can he fit. I

think JB really likes Gauds. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

The Canucks dressing room, so management thinks non of us are good enough ...so they over paid for a rental to take a roster spot.

players “great please trade me outa this organization”....”but haha they over paid me too.....suckers”

well its quite obvious your not a fan now ,  because your spewing nonsense  

28 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

I think it is unlikely that Vancouver can resign T.T. and J.B. knows it. Nevertheless this trade is a necessary evil. 

I don't know. I think it is very possible that there are very good players out there that would really like to play with this new Canucks team. I feel the opposite - we have a really good chance of re-signing him.

6 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

People shouldn’t be ok with this...rental crap. It’s a habit to being a continuous losing franchise .

its bandaids...that cost way to much.

I disagree, and here's why.

They did this because of the current situation (Brock, Leivo, MF, Motte) - the team deserves to take a shot and the playoff experience is very good for them but injuries are now hitting us.  Can't abandon the mission we're on...you have to carry on to see how far this can take us.  Not pack it in with a status quo..."oh well".

They also have young guys on the roster and in the pipes that mean our prospect pool is ok.

I am totally on board with this...love it.

You can't look at it one dimensionally like that - the circumstances and position we're in (battling for playoffs) means it's likely the right decision.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I disagree, and here's why.

They did this because of the current situation (Brock, Leivo, MF, Motte) - the team deserves to take a shot and the playoff experience is very good for them but injuries are not hitting us.

They also have young guys on the roster and in the pipes that mean our prospect pool is ok.

I am totally on board with this...love it.

You can't look at it one dimensionally like that - the circumstances and position we're in (battling for playoffs) means it's likely the right decision.

I disagree I think it’s a 2 month bandaid with the same end result.

1 minute ago, HockeyHarry said:

I disagree I think it’s a 2 month bandaid with the same end result.

Same as what?

Last year we missed the playoffs...you don't feel Petey/Quinn, etc. deserve a shot at them?  We're in contention to be there and to abandon that hardly seems like a logical plan.  Especially considering TT has playoff experience and success?  Think of the guys IN place not the ones you yearn for down the road.

Why watch then?  "Same end result" is not a given by any means....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

Not sure but benning has a plan he might make a few trades more before deadline and a few at draft 

baertchi, goldobin, eriksson, sutter, tanev, leivo, roussel, stecher, benn, could all be gone by next yr ferland may have to retire as well. 

These players cost about 30 mill in cap space  they will need clearing the deck.

Tryamkin, Virtanen, Gaudette, Toffoli, Markstrom, Macewen, Motte all need resigning ncaa boys need signkng lockwood and rathbone.

The following yr we need to resign petersson and hughes.

I think minor moves made before deadline and major moves made at draft 

What? 

Roussell and Benn aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Tanev and Leivo are UFA.

The guys on the radio completely agree...hilarious...almost word for word.

People get so caught up on "assets" but they include the ones you have, not just the ones you hope to acquire.  

Our assets are worth providing support for when men go down to injury.  You want them to just give up and burn out?    Suck it up and carry the load?  No.

• Like 1