The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Here's directions for ya since you're soooo done with the team

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/forums/vancouver-canucks.36/

You know.  Like minds and all

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 2.32.43 PM.png

Wtf I’m not done with the Canucks.....I care about the Canucks future. Obviously most here don’t and only care about 1 day only rental bandaids.

its like leaf nation here

• Wat 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Rentals always remind me of the old leafs....until they finally did a rebuild....it’s fools gold.

And if we'd traded Podkolzin, Hoglander, Rathbone etc...I might agree with you. 

We traded depth assets from a position of strength to fill a needed hole, get our young core some playoff experience, and hopefully to re-sign TT.

Mountain. Molehill.

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Like I said before I'll give Benning the benefit of the doubt with this deal because the Miller trade was a homerun but make no mistake - this move was done to save his ass in case the team doesn't make the playoffs.  Benning is 100% reactionary and I doubt much stock was put in Toffoli re-signing, he'll react to that when it happens - that's this management MO.  Put whatever spin you want on it - and I don't mind the trade btw - but it's time to call a spade a spade on this one - if the Nucks miss the playoffs JB is gone.

I repeat, for the 4th time.

Save his what?  Why?  The owner just came out and approved this tree.  The owner came out last week or so and stated he loved where this team is heading and how bright the future is.  He trusts in Benning.  Benning just re-signed to a 3 year extension 

Here's the team records from the last few years 

Feb 16th 2017:  Canucks 25-27-6 for 56 points

Feb 16th 2018:  Canucks 21-25-6 for 48 points

Feb 16th 2019:  Canucks 26-26-7 for 59 points

Feb 17th 2020:  Canucks 32-22-5 for 68 points

Now, I know people can say how bad this trade is or suggest he is/was trying to save his arse and his job.  But he just signed an extension after creating arguably the deepest prospect pool this team has ever seen and a 9 point improvement on last year and double digit improvements in the 2 years prior.

If anyone's job is at risk it is and should be Travis Greene's

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Wtf I’m not done with the Canucks.....I care about the Canucks future. Obviously most here don’t and only care about 1 day only rental bandaids.

The future is now dude.  

If you don't understand that then start there.  Not in that they should "win it all"...but they have to start getting the experience that can one day get them there.  

1 minute ago, HockeyHarry said:

Your insight is spell-binding. You know that renting bandaids is how diseases spread, right?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

So.  You care about the future?

But you're willing to storm back in here and proclaim how smart you are and how this team and Jimmy are done if this goes south.  Essentially meaning you're in essence hoping you get a chance to say I told you so which is to say you're hoping this team tanks after this trade.

but at no point in time can you answer who madden would have supplanted for a centre position out of Horvat, Pettersson or Gaudette, nor can you foretell who or what that 2nd round pick might be.

This is and was a shrewd move to ensure we drive to the playoffs and to show the players that this team believes in them.

You can say you're not done with the team but you're already projecting the worst for it sooo????

I can't think of a single pick Benning has traded, or undersized prospect/player that has come back to haunt us yet.  I'll trust in this trade

Edited by Warhippy
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

calm down chill out GIF

You make it sound like JB is going to be trading all our prospects and draft picks.

As I said yesterday; I doubt Bennings job is on the line, after the much improved team play this year. If the team doesn't improve next year or regresses then maybe??? I don't get where this narrative is coming from, Aquaman has supported him publicly all year, most recently yesterday. If you're a true fan of the team you'll get behind them no matter what, and hope they make the playoffs this year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Don't do that...it really doesn't help your case any.

I don't care about the Canucks?  Are you new here?

I care about the real team....not the imaginary down the road one day team.

18 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

No body is abandoned.....it’s a team game. I would think the players think they can handle the challenge and don’t need a bandaid taking their ice time.

yep a team game , adding to a team is now all sudden bad lol  , the players can handle a challenge but they can also handle a proven goal scorer to help  improve their goals as a team  so try again  lol

9 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Rentals always remind me of the old leafs....until they finally did a rebuild....it’s fools gold.

I don't mind this near as much as 2006 when Nonis traded 2nd for Carney, 3rd for Weinrich and a 4th for Brown when they were chasing a playoff spot and still missed out.

At least this year they are actually in the race notchasing, hoping other teams fall and we squeak in

8 minutes ago, riffraff said:

JB does nothing now or at trade deadline:

“whahhhhh we never do anything!!!!!  This team hasn’t made the playoffs in 100 years!!!!!“

JB tried to keep team competitive down the stretch by making a trade a week before the deadline when prices will be far higher:

“ whaaaaaah JB traded all the pickz!  Fire JB.  This team has no future!”  Rararararar!!!!

tenor (2).gif

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Like I said before I'll give Benning the benefit of the doubt with this deal because the Miller trade was a homerun but make no mistake - this move was done to save his ass in case the team doesn't make the playoffs.  Benning is 100% reactionary and I doubt much stock was put in Toffoli re-signing, he'll react to that when it happens - that's this management MO.  Put whatever spin you want on it - and I don't mind the trade btw - but it's time to call a spade a spade on this one - if the Nucks miss the playoffs JB is gone.

A reaction.....yeah, to players being injured! Not a reaction to absolutely nothing. Usually that's what people do when something happens, react to it. It would be abnormal if Jim / people in general just never did anything / never reacted. No?! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, stawns said:

Nope, if anything it tells me they see Jake as a guy who can drive a line, as opposed to being the third to a pair.  That move had already been made when BB was healthy because BB on Gauds line wasn't working, as there was no driver on that line.  Personally, I think they see Jake as one of their top 4-5 fwds.

I agree. When he was moved to the 1st line, the 3rd line lost its momentum. If Jake does that consistently, he'll make pretty much any line better.