Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

Wonder how Brackett feels about not being able to draft in the first two rounds in the last year of his contract. 

• Upvote 2

I wanted Toffoli, but I also love Madden, but you gotta give to get and our C depth is pretty full, although I wanted to risk the future 3C spot on Madden while Sutter covers instead of Gaudette.

As long as we can sign Toffoli, I'm fine with this.

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

Hmmm...Madden was probably the kid I was highest on out of almost all our prospects.  Was hoping the prospect would have been a Lind or a Rathbone instead.  This was probably the least overpayment by any buyer this TDL so far so I can live with it but I’d probably prefer to stay put this year.  We aren’t really a cup contender and I don’t think Toffoli gets resigned.

• Haha 1

That potentially leaves the Canucks without a 1st or 2nd round pick in a string draft. Tofolli  should be a good pickup though 

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

If it's just a 2nd, Madden, and Schaller, I think I'm okay with that. Always a risk to buy rentals, but I've seen much worse deals.

im worried about the condition if he resigns 

• Haha 1

Sure, let's keep getting these small forwards....and continue to hear Green saying the other team is a big heavy team after each defeat. 

We need a big and tough forward, like a Ross Johnston or Ryan Reeves.  

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I’m okay with this.  I’m not as high on Madden as some are.  

Agreed. He definitely has some skill, but I don't think his skill is enough to make him a top 6 player. At his size, he is going to get recked. He's not elusive like Johnny Hockey. We can barely stand one of the best players in the league (EP40) getting pushed around like that, let alone having another guy like Madden on the team being pushed over as well. 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Apricot said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Don’t worry Jim as a good record of trading prospects. They bust when he trades them:lol: 

but on the other hand I Really Really like Madden

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Clarifying my frustration.  Fair to slightly below market value-wise; I just don't think the team was strong enough to be dealing futures in exchange for rentals this year.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1