The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

15 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

How on earth did you get that from my post?  Team misses the playoffs and Benning is fired, I'll put this account on that.  He did this trade to save his job first and foremost.  Injuries are not his fault but missing the playoffs all these years is on him and no way JB's job is safe if they miss the playoffs, are up against the cap and have no early round picks in the coming draft.  Like how is that even remotely debatable?  Did we get new ownership over the weekend?  Luckily for you and him it'll be moot because they'll make it.  

Typo I hope:bigblush: 

If he misses the playoffs and doesn't make this trade, the team would have had both picks though.  I wouldn't have made it myself, but at some point our core needs to experience playoff hockey.  At least this year we aren't likely to face anyone good in the first couple of rounds.

When talks broke down Sunday JB thought they were out. Blake had told him LA going in a different direction. 

Blake called back Monday to re start talks.

I think JB added the conditional 4th at that time and deal got done. 

I think more than likely Toffoli re signs. JB will move out salary and let cpl players walk as UFA and RFA.  Bring in couple cheap young players from Utica and sign Toffoli to extension. 

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

When talks broke down Sunday JB thought they were out. Blake had told him LA going in a different direction. 

I think more than likely Toffoli re signs. JB will move out salary and let cpl players walk as UFA and RFA.  Bring in couple cheap young players from Utica and sign Toffoli to extension. 

He definitely says the right thing in his first interviews... Sounds genuinely excited to be here...

11 minutes ago, wildwood12 said:

Dubas gives up a first round pick to make Marleau disappear. The media never brings that up. 
Why?  Because Dubas is a GENIOUS  GM in Toronto.

But JB gives up a second and a B prospect for a proven cup winner and 20+ goal scorer, it's the end of the world to some folks here.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

IMO JB called Blake back and agreed to upgrade from Hoglander to Madden.  It’s all speculation and we will never know what happened.  

• Haha 1

Just now, the grinder said:

omg lol  I thought u wanted tough players  alf and now your complaining  about that ?  what happened to carve a guy with a stick and elbowing a player to protect your self Image result for slap shot

Hoglander look at me play attitude rubs me the wrong way.  

Just now, theo5789 said:

http://mayorsmanor.com/2013/05/tyler-toffoli-and-his-nsfw-nickname/

Interesting nickname he had in LA and was given to him by Linden Vey.

Vey, Pearson, and Toffoli were all apparently part of a hot line back in their AHL glory days. Funny how we have acquired all of them.

Just don’t total up the cost for the three.  

5 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

I’m not a fan of rentals they never work out...trading Madden I’m fine with but I would rather it of been for a offseason swop trade (younger player of equal value) .i liked Madden motor and skill set but he’s so small and Hoglander is the Canucks small guy, so I’m not sure where Madden would of fit on the Canucks. 3rd line with gaud? Not really strong or big enough line. 4th line? Not really.

im upset the picks traded

I’m sure they where not needed to make this deal. Jimbo gets ripped outa draft picks again.

Jimbo should not be doing the negotiating he a deal idiot. ..get Jimbo off the phone and get a badass agent negotiating for the Canucks..just have Jimbo sign off the final deal.

dumb giving up any draft picks. 2020 Canuck can take Draft Friday off and sleep in Saturday 2nd round....what’s Canucks 1st pick now?  in 2020 draft a player at 100 something....crazy and in a strong draft year.

One of the dumber posts I've ever read on here. YOU,. are sure they were not needed? WTF is that nonsense? How can you tell they weren't needed? And then you assume JB just threw it in for kicks? How foolish!

• Haha 2