The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

6 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

It's amazing how in 24 hours Madden has gone from one our most exciting your prospects to an undersized sack of crap that's multiple years away from seeing any NHL time. 

I don't think anyone thought he was going to be in the lineup inside 3 years......some people hoped for 2, but not many saw that as realistic. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

35 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

One of the dumber posts I've ever read on here. YOU,. are sure they were not needed? WTF is that nonsense? How can you tell they weren't needed? And then you assume JB just threw it in for kicks? How foolish!

just block and move on, it'll make for a happier cdc experience.

• Cheers 3

16 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

It's amazing how in 24 hours Madden has gone from one our most exciting your prospects to an undersized sack of crap that's multiple years away from seeing any NHL time. 

He was always undersized and minimum 3  years away from making the NHL 

Good prospect. But those facts don't change whether he's a canucks prospect or Kings

But I haven't read any post on here calling him an undersized sack of crap. I've read good 80 plus pages of this thread. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Huggy Bear 1

20 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

All threads related to transactions (trades, signings) have always been posted in the “Trades, Rumours, Signings” forum, whether it is Canucks related or not.

And that's dumb. That's all I'm saying. I shouldn't have to select 5 different screens to talk about a Canucks player that just got traded here. It's silly. 

Eell

22 hours ago, Dogcrazy said:

Sure, let's keep getting these small forwards....and continue to hear Green saying the other team is a big heavy team after each defeat. 

We need a big and tough forward, like a Ross Johnston or Ryan Reeves.  

Well this move opens a regular spot on the 4th for Big Mac. Seems like JB solved the top 6 forward and toughness issues with one move. This move also suggests that Brock is gone for a while longer.  If it's really a shoulder injury, then when he's back, he probably won't have his shot or one-timer, so he'll be a regular 3rd liner until fall camp.

20 hours ago, FlyLow_ said:

That's great, but I don't have to care about that goal. If we aren't able to re-sign the players we need to or Toffoli walks this is a disaster. First round exit or not. This team goes nowhere with this defense. If they were going to do something it should have been packaging Stecher for an upgrade on D.

and the organization which said it made the deal cause it wants to fight for a spot doesn't care what you think.  

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

How on earth did you get that from my post?  Team misses the playoffs and Benning is fired, I'll put this account on that.  He did this trade to save his job first and foremost.  Injuries are not his fault but missing the playoffs all these years is on him and no way JB's job is safe if they miss the playoffs, are up against the cap and have no early round picks in the coming draft.  Like how is that even remotely debatable?  Did we get new ownership over the weekend?  Luckily for you and him it'll be moot because they'll make it.  

Typo I hope:bigblush: 

No.

smarterer was on purpose.

10 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

That's a bit harsh. I've read the last 20 pages and the tone never reaches that level of disdain for Madden. If you don't believe he's multiple years away from making his mark I love to know who you think he replaces in the top 9 in short order. Or were you just making a general observation, in which case I bid you peace.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

ALSO--- Madden weighs 150-160 lbs... do you think he will be an impact player in the next 3 years... no

Madden had future value to acquire younger assets and to keep the prospects pool stocked...or to be traded for a player who’s on a decent multi year contract.

In stead Jimbo was insecure about this team and made a desperate GM trade...Jimbo just doubled down on this 1 season of playoffs with draft picks. 

This trade is like trading Gaudette and a 2nd(hoglander or Woo) for a Rental hoping it guaranteess a few playoffs games....all because Jimbo and management are insecure with the team.

7 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

It's amazing to see people consider a solid B prospect a top prospect after he was traded too. Ignoring any issues like weight just because legitimate top 10 picks we've had were underweight too or the organizational depth we have to make such a move. Ignoring facts like how we got 3 guys out the rest of the year.

I've seen people say Toffoli is gonna go back to play with him despite the Kings rebuilding and that he's gonna play 10+ years.

I like Madden, he has a lot of promise but he is far from a sure thing and we could afford to make this deal.

1 minute ago, BarnBurner said:

Based on staying healthy and growing as a player. Again, he is only 22 years old.

he started out great, but was on pace for less than 25 this season with a chance he wasn't even ging to hit 20.  I'd say he has potential for 30, 40 is a looooooong stretch.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Madden had future value to acquire younger assets and to keep the prospects pool stocked...or to be traded for a player who’s on a decent multi year contract.

In stead Jimbo was insecure about this team and made a desperate GM trade...Jimbo just doubled down on this 1 season of playoffs with draft picks. 

This trade is like trading Gaudette and a 2nd(hoglander or Woo) for a Rental hoping it guaranteess a few playoffs games....all because Jimbo and management are insecure with the team.

Your spin on it seems SOOOO far off base.

It's more about being secure in the team.

Also...you put a whole lot out there that's speculation.  "Future value TO acquire....or to be traded for".  I'd like your crystal ball for the lottery numbers.

1 minute ago, HockeyHarry said:

Well it's going to be a lot harder to make the playoffs next season.

Tanev Stecher Marky need to be resigned. Most likely 2 of those are gone. We will have a younger team with 2 or 3 rookies added and vets leaving due to cap issues. Could have Demko as our starting goalie next season.. 

If we make playoffs this year we give our 1st to NJD via TBL. Next year we're likely to take a step back. So we keep our 1st. Would hate to give up a lottery pick to NJD via TBL . Have to make playoffs 1 of next 2 and we are primed this year.  Next year will be harder to make playoffs. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

You should get a job as a scout. Seems you already know how future picks and players will develop. I could just as easily point to complete misses at the draft spots you have mentioned. Relax, enjoy the ride.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1