The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

I like this trade, especially if JB is eyeing re-signing Toffoli. That would be a pretty solid top 6 all of a sudden.

In order to get there, some pain will have to be applied. I’ve said all along that Jake should be packaged with Loui to offload that cap killer. After Jake’s season, I could see Ottawa biting on that. Next year would be no problem, then cap-wise. The year after gets a bit sticky, but it could be massaged, particularly if the cap goes up a bit.

Roussel will eventually have to be moved on, Sutter will eventually be off the books, and Demko will have to go too. After Markstrom’s year, you can’t really afford to not offer him a healthy extension. I’m also hoping JB can get Edler to re-sign a more age-appropriate contract after this one expires...

920E637A-A779-417F-B538-7118088121E7.png

9513257B-4970-45CE-8C6E-219B3DEA9B42.png

• Cheers 1

I can’t believe Tyler had mono and only won one Stanley Cup. Like where’s the consistency in that, right? This team has too many Tylers now. Might as well call

us the Vancouver Tylers. 

You know who’s known as Mister Consistent? Tyler Madden. Sweet Gord we lost a phenom. The greatest player to be traded away since Cam Neely. 

Sweet lord what happened. 

sad the walking dead GIF

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

JB has almost completed the perfect farm system set up..   Hoglander, podolzkin, Rafferty OJ Tryamkin MacEwan Bailey Breisbois  all within reach of NHL positions , and the team core we have now either by drafting or trading..    This city has never seen something established like this.

its not just about today,, it’s what’s coming in 3 years and the versatility of attrition to restock when youth pushes good vets of value out for fresh picks.

Balance..  we could possibly be in playoff contention for the next 5 years and on.

Benning will quite possibly go up in the ring of honour with his retired Canucks Jersey before he retires as Gm in Vancouver.

I agree with you that there's some good things that are happening with the organization. 

Höglander, Podkolzin, Rafferty, Juolevi, Tryamkin, MacEwen, Brisebois. I hope that this is the beginning of several years of playoff runs, and eventually a run and winning the Stanley Cup. If that were to happen, Benning automatically becomes greatest GM this franchise has ever known. 

One can only hope and wish! Let's see how this season goes first. 

49 minutes ago, poet said:

I like this trade, especially if JB is eyeing re-signing Toffoli. That would be a pretty solid top 6 all of a sudden.

In order to get there, some pain will have to be applied. I’ve said all along that Jake should be packaged with Loui to offload that cap killer. After Jake’s season, I could see Ottawa biting on that. Next year would be no problem, then cap-wise. The year after gets a bit sticky, but it could be massaged, particularly if the cap goes up a bit.

Roussel will eventually have to be moved on, Sutter will eventually be off the books, and Demko will have to go too. After Markstrom’s year, you can’t really afford to not offer him a healthy extension. I’m also hoping JB can get Edler to re-sign a more age-appropriate contract after this one expires...

920E637A-A779-417F-B538-7118088121E7.png

9513257B-4970-45CE-8C6E-219B3DEA9B42.png

Can't see Benning parting ways with Virtanen. He's coming into his own. I think he would rather lose Tanev, even Stetcher than give up Jake. He's your ideal versatile forward who can play up and down the roster. 

Ericksson we may just have to carry on this roster until his deal expires. 2 more years right? And then the nightmare is finally done and over with. By far the worse contract in recent Canucks memory. He's been an absolute disaster. 

Sutter's been good, though his contract is overpaid. 

I honestly at this moment, am ready to lose Tanev and Stetcher, Sutter and Benn. How much cap space will that free up to sign Jake, Markström and Toffoli? 

6 hours ago, stawns said:

just block and move on, it'll make for a happier cdc experience.

Yup. I really try to hear everyone out and I've never blocked anyone before but yeah I'm seriously considering it. Either some of these guys are trolls or just people whose ignorance deserves to be ignored. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Me_ said:

So there are roughly 713 players in the NHL.

How many wives control their man’s balls like this?

Pronger’s wife? That doesn’t even count. It’s Deadmonton. 

Who else? A couple more that we know of?

Miller’s wife? He still spent three seasons with the Canucks...

I know of only two I can name and two or three I many have known but forgot. So let’s say 10 controlling wives. Let’s say there are 10 wives that hold their man by the balls.

That’s 1.4% of players. That’s 1.4% chance Toffoli doesn’t sign with the Canucks because of his wife.

#analytics !!

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Can't see Benning parting ways with Virtanen. He's coming into his own. I think he would rather lose Tanev, even Stetcher than give up Jake. He's your ideal versatile forward who can play up and down the roster. 

Ericksson we may just have to carry on this roster until his deal expires. 2 more years right? And then the nightmare is finally done and over with. By far the worse contract in recent Canucks memory. He's been an absolute disaster. 

Sutter's been good, though his contract is overpaid. 

I honestly at this moment, am ready to lose Tanev and Stetcher, Sutter and Benn. How much cap space will that free up to sign Jake, Markström and Toffoli? 

Tanev, Stetcher, and Benn and replace them with what? That is half of our D - how will that save cap space for other purposes? One way or another that D will have to be replaced and Stetcher and Benn, at least, are relatively cheap. Even replaced internally, say by Tryamkin, he will cost as much as S and B. And Tanev, for what he does, is middle of the cost range. 

Agreed on Jake, though, he is exactly the kind of forward we need in the mix - young, hard shot, strong skater, physical, and years still,left ahead of him. He has improved each of the last two years, and looks like he is still capable of more upward progress.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I can’t believe Tyler had mono and only won one Stanley Cup. Like where’s the consistency in that, right? This team has too many Tylers now. Might as well call

us the Vancouver Tylers. 

You know who’s known as Mister Consistent? Tyler Madden. Sweet Gord we lost a phenom. The greatest player to be traded away since Cam Neely. 

Sweet lord what happened. 

sad the walking dead GIF

Lol PB !! 

You know what actually makes this deal even bigger?

Toffoli IS ,  has been,  a godamn Canuck Killer..  in their own division.

it’s like buying the guy who was getting paid to kill you,. and putting him to work for yourself..

Think I saw it in a movie,.  Really great ending..

Good guys win, and get the girls.  :gocan:

26DA4C2D-B272-40FE-AE89-84D55CA8CB8D.jpeg

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Me_ said:

So there are roughly 713 players in the NHL.

How many wives control their man’s balls like this?

Pronger’s wife? That doesn’t even count. It’s Deadmonton. 

Who else? A couple more that we know of?

Miller’s wife? He still spent three seasons with the Canucks...

I know of only two I can name and two or three I many have known but forgot. So let’s say 10 controlling wives. Let’s say there are 10 wives that hold their man by the balls.

That’s 1.4% of players. That’s 1.4% chance Toffoli doesn’t sign with the Canucks because of his wife.

...Brandon Sutter approves this message.....that’s some cold hard math there! Can’t argue with those numbers, I’m sold, he’ll resign!

LA and Anaheim are rebuilding, San Jose looks to be going that way. Canucks are a solid option for him to play close to his wife and continue his chance at winning another cup.

This is a good trade now, and a great one if he re-signs...which by your math means we have a 98.6 % chance of doing so. Gotta love those odds -_-

• Cheers 1

Just now, Attila Umbrus said:

...Brandon Sutter approves this message.....that’s some cold hard math there! Can’t argue with those numbers, I’m sold, he’ll resign!

LA and Anaheim are rebuilding, San Jose looks to be going that way. Canucks are a solid option for him to play close to his wife and continue his chance at winning another cup.

This is a good trade now, and a great one if he re-signs...which by your math means we have a 98.6 % chance of doing so. Gotta love those odds -_-

Me thinks they find her a job as an events organizer with the Canucks.

Thats her tittle with the Dodgers in LA.

WHO THE HELL  wants to raise kids in the USA when there is a school shooting every 2 weeks?  Nuts.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1