The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

3 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Slightly relieved that it's not one of the higher calibre prospects but not sure we're at the stage to be trading picks and prospects for players just yet. Jim must've been feeling the heat for some of our late performances. 

It’s not always about winning the Stanley Cup right away, but part of it is learning to win in the playoff.   Think Tyfoli helps us potentially going further in the playoffs, whether we keep him or not.

But as always no guarantee we make it past the first,  still i think it’s a good investment in potential playoff experience.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Madden's got speed & IQ. In a vaccum I think he's got more upside than Gaudette.

I like Toffoli as a player, and a fit despite his down year. If he re-signs then its good, if not... then its not a good move. Toffoli isn't pushing this team any closer to serious contention.

He is pushing harder than Tim Schaller and the absent Ferlund. 

We have enough small players on our team. Madden was expendable and wasn’t even likely to make the team anyways.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Alflives said:

No guarantees Madden even signed with us,  He’s very light, and might choose to stay in school to mature before turning pro.  

Let’s hope Madden plays 4 years in North-Eastern and then bail the Kings to sign with us. One can dream right?

Just now, canuck2288 said:

That’s true 

I was not a schaller fan at all 

I just think we are not at the cup stage to really need TT right now

not with Green at the helm 

IF we re-sign toffoli then this isn't a bad move but a pretty good one. I think this is the type of trade that helps teams take that next step.

Gonna need to ship some guys out though holy.  

• Cheers 2