The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Madden's got legit potential. I'll bet he plays in the league. Young players on ELC's are what teams with cap constraints (us) need. 

We'll see what happens in the offseason. If this team goes out quick in round 1 then Toffoli leaves, people will have receipts ready. 

Where would he play though? top 6 is mostly made up and we got Pod and Hogs in the wings.

We desperately need more grit in our bottom 6 and Gaudette is playing 3rd C.

1 minute ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

Only way they trade him right now is if it’s a legit top pair dman coming back

Yeah, and plus, it's way too early to even think about that. 

I'm looking forward to seeing him here in two years. This kid is an animal! :lol:

Even the pass today that he assisted on, was a nice play. 

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Clarifying my frustration.  Fair to slightly below market value-wise; I just don't think the team was strong enough to be dealing futures in exchange for rentals this year.

you're probably right, but I'm looking at it this way.. 

Brock is hurt, and Ferland is likely out for the year, and we still need to make the playoffs.. as of now, we are 3rd in the pacific

Madden was an exciting prospect, but only a strong B prospect for our team.. Pod, Hog, Raff or OJ would be a major loss.. to me Schaller, madden & a pick ain't too bad to fill that hole in the second line.. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Think this is a very fair trade deadline deal and I bet we resign toffoli 

honestly he’s such a strong hockey player he’s going to look great in our top 6 and Bo must be so happy.

Let’s go boys!

And Pearson!

• Huggy Bear 1

Just now, canuck2288 said:

Here is hoping 

JB had the right idea with Ferland and not we need a replacement 

Not disagreeing with you here 2288

they need to add some grit.  Watching the Vegas team on sportsnet right now..they gonna run them outta the building if they meetup in the playoffs. 

still several days to do something before TDL 

• Cheers 2

Toffoli averages between 16-20 minutes per game, has 165 shots, 7 power play points, BUT only 33 hits. I'm suspecting his numbers will be better with the Canucks and caliber of our core and youth. 

Good acquisition but overpaid slightly. Should have been prospect and roster player or pick & roster ... not prospect, pick AND player. 

But I can live with this. Makes us better. Love his play. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

Just now, Silky mitts said:

Guess madden didn’t really fit in going forward with our Center depth 

exactly, you to give to get in the league they werent going to take a schaller and sutter and 2nd. Jimbo did well here traded 2 unknowns for a guy thats a proven winner madden just didnt fit the picture with ep bo and guads as the centers  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1