The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

Just now, DontMessMe said:

What makes u say madden wont sign with us. I think Rathbone won't sign with us. Wants to be close with fam prob

I heard of people here saying Rath wanted to go pro asap. Don't take my word for it check out his forums it's there somewhere.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Come on Pearson is not a top 6 guy man 

never has been 

Pearson isn't a top 6 on your typical contender (Pens), but where we are right now, he is.. I think long term, we might want to aim a bit higher, but it's one step at a time.. this move could help us reach the playoffs this year, which is important experience

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Where would he play though? top 6 is mostly made up and we got Pod and Hogs in the wings.

We desperately need more grit in our bottom 6 and Gaudette is playing 3rd C.

He can play wing. Did it in the World Junior, has done it in College. That versatility helps. Maybe he would've made Gaudette expendable when he needed his next contract. Oh well. 

Its not a bad price, but (again) you question the timing & if this team is ready for it. I'd be expecting a team like Boston to make this move. 

If Toffoli re-signs then I'm good with it. There was already doubt if we'd be able to keep Markstrom + Tanev, so how we can keep them all or 2 of 3 will be the next challenge. 

A couple angles im thinking of

1. They getting a top 6 winger coz brock will be out longer than expected?

2.  If Gaud and Petey are two of the top 3 centres going forward they need more beef down the middle.  Don’t think it was in the cards for 155lb madden at Center. 

• Cheers 3

Madden is an interesting prospect but very, very light. He's a ways off from playing in the NHL. I wonder if JB was hinging his bets a bit on him. If I were an undersized forward, very undersized, would I stay in school as long as possible, finish my degree? If Madden stays till the end of his schooling maybe he bolts from this organization?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, canuck2288 said:

I like the guy but to me he is a third liner 

To me he's like the perfect complimentary player. Not the most skilled guy but a hard worker and has a pretty decent shot and instincts around the net.

He's produced like a top 6 forward since he's been here. Can't deny that. EN unit for lyfe