The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

16 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

I was hoping Lockwood would be the prospect going back but I guess you have to give up quality for quality. Pearson-Horvat-Toffoli could be a killer line if we make the playoffs.

Yes that is a BIG IF at the moment with the way they are playing.....

• Haha 1

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

To me he's like the perfect complimentary player. Not the most skilled guy but a hard worker and has a pretty decent shot and instincts around the net.

He's produced like a top 6 forward since he's been here. Can't deny that. EN unit for lyfe

This is true. Like I said I like him and he would make up part of a killer 3rd line 

Jake needs to be the 2nd line guy 

4 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

This might cover it...

Figure that either Bailey, MacEwan or both, are likely on their way back to Utica, which will free up about 1.5 million more in space.

I also think that JB is probably getting close on a solution to move Baer to free up more space. 

Just now, Canucks Curse said:

I'm wonder if there was a rumour that madden was not going to sign with us...??? otherwise I feel JB could have gotten them to take mcdonut or OJ...maybe he wants to keep as much d depth as possible

The fact Madden said he heard rumours of a trade? Tells me he was probably going to sign elsewhere.

I don't like this deal for the simple fact that we are selling futures for a rental, in a time where we aren't really in the position to do so.

If Tyler buys us a second round appearance and then doesn't resign, is that a good deal? Perhaps. If I were Tyler I would be going to free agency this year, unsure what reason he would have to resign with us, it seems unlikely but I definitely hope it happens. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

Figure that either Bailey, MacEwan or both, are likely on their way back to Utica, which will free up about 1.5 million more in space.

I also think that JB is probably getting close on a solution to move Baer to free up more space. 

Motte was practicing with the team.  When he is ready to return someone will have to be sent to Utica.

• Cheers 2