The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

25 minutes ago, Analyst82 said:

Everyone needs to chill. Adding a conditional means that they will attempt to resign him. It's a good hockey trade. Madden is an unknown and we tend to over hype our prospects. 

I think you're right.  The deal doesn't happen unless JB thinks he can sign Taffoli.  The unknown is then, how do the dominoes fall in the summer?  Benning's going to have to shed cap

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

He can play wing. Did it in the World Junior, has done it in College. That versatility helps. Maybe he would've made Gaudette expendable when he needed his next contract. Oh well. 

Its not a bad price, but (again) you question the timing & if this team is ready for it. I'd be expecting a team like Boston to make this move. 

If Toffoli re-signs then I'm good with it. There was already doubt if we'd be able to keep Markstrom + Tanev, so how we can keep them all or 2 of 3 will be the next challenge. 

I feel they wouldn't traded him if they weren't completely comfortable with Gaudette. On top of that he has to compete with Pod/Hogs who have big advantages over him being very skilled and a lot more feisty than him. TBH it would be a tough spot for him here and he has that option of 4 years.

A lot of variables to consider.

Yeah Toffoli needs to re-sign for this to be good and Benning needs to somehow work the cap.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

I'll guess Brock might be dealt to Minny, in the off-season. Take back picks, to open cap.

Toffoli, Jake..Lind & Pod as well. RW is getting deep.

Why is everyone so insistent on trading Brock?

Other players have family issues. Minnesota plays 41 games away from home. 

Guess what Toronto hasn't picked up Tanev yet, and may never will.

Stamkos is still playing for Tampa Bay despite Toronto offering the moon and stars for him. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

So if you can only have 2 of 3, who are you re-signing? Markstrom / Tanev / Toffoli

Markstrom for sure. So Tanev or Toffoli? Generally I think teams take the top 4 RHD over the 2nd line winger, but in this case who knows. We do have Stecher... (Who also needs a contract) 

I don’t think we have cap room to sign any of those three.  Tofolli is 100% a rental.  

• Wat 1