The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Why is everyone so insistent on trading Brock?

Other players have family issues. Minnesota plays 41 games away from home. 

Guess what Toronto hasn't picked up Tanev yet, and may never will.

Stamkos is still playing for Tampa Bay despite Toronto offering the moon and stars for him. 

Well, constraints of the cap is a big factor. We have a few poor contracts, penalties, etc... You've gotta pick a poison.

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

It is nice getting another 1 shot scorer. Toffoli seems to be heating up, definitely a player that fits with what we are doing.

This puts even more importance on unloading money at some point. If we can keep Toffoli that could solidify us as a consistent playoff team. 

he's no shy player at all.  He will go to the net and has the shot to score from the outside.  

But please don't back fire lol

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

This is true. Like I said I like him and he would make up part of a killer 3rd line 

Jake needs to be the 2nd line guy 

Pearson would be a perfect 3rd liner on a super deep stanley cup contender. Jake would too.

Jake needs to start being used out on a PK role. Being able to play that checking role on top of the scoring he brings would make him invaluable. Gaud too but at wing on PK to start till his faceoffs get better. Gotta get these guys used to it before Sutter and Beagle are gone. That's another thing Green should be doing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I feel they wouldn't traded him if they weren't completely comfortable with Gaudette. On top of that he has to compete with Pod/Hogs who have big advantages over him being very skilled and a lot more feisty than him. TBH it would be a tough spot for him here and he has that option of 4 years.

A lot of variables to consider.

Yeah Toffoli needs to re-sign for this to be good and Benning needs to somehow work the cap.

That's fair. I wasn't worried about him leaving. For a young team like ours who has cap problems I like having as many legit NHL prospects as you can, that's where you get an edge on teams.

Anyways, Benning put the foot to the floor. Wonder if he'll do anything else at this TDL. Toughness would still be a nice area to address. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Clarifying my frustration.  Fair to slightly below market value-wise; I just don't think the team was strong enough to be dealing futures in exchange for rentals this year.

U do realize we are a sleeper team to get to the west final? Were not in rebuild mode buds thats over we can beat anyteam in the west right now and will the loss of ferland our team has lacked toughness in certain areas ....madden is finnese centerman we are locked up in the C position for years now so he became expendable and shaller was a bum 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Pearson would be a perfect 3rd liner on a super deep stanley cup contender. Jake would too.

Jake needs to start being used out on a PK role. Being able to play that checking role on top of the scoring he brings would make him invaluable. Gaud too but at wing on PK to start till his faceoffs get better. Gotta get these guys used to it before Sutter and Beagle are gone. That's another thing Green should be doing.

Long view yes, definitely.  Heh, but maybe wait until there is some breathing room?  (ie October 2020)