The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

8 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

So if you can only have 2 of 3, who are you re-signing? Markstrom / Tanev / Toffoli

Markstrom for sure. So Tanev or Toffoli? Generally I think teams take the top 4 RHD over the 2nd line winger, but in this case who knows. We do have Stecher... (Who also needs a contract) 

If we can unload Sutter's contract (he only has 1 year remaining), we might be able to sign Toffoli as well.

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

That's fair. I wasn't worried about him leaving. For a young team like ours who has cap problems I like having as many legit NHL prospects as you can, that's where you get an edge on teams.

Anyways, Benning put the foot to the floor. Wonder if he'll do anything else at this TDL. Toughness would still be a nice area to address. 

Toughness and shed some damn cap to re-sign everybody.

Don't want to let Toffoli walk and lose Madden for nothing.

That would make everyone upset.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

If Tyler walks it makes us look bad if we don't go deep. If he re signs tho maybe it works out. Madden is immensely talented but we knew Jim would need to move assets out. Our cupboards are starting to get really full.

I just sorry about Madden biting us in the buns in a few years time. Surprised we moved him, but I was surprised when we moved McCann too. 

Grats to Jim. Fingers crossed Tyler fits in well and opts to stay!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Vintage does Tofoli play tough at all?  I think JB is still doing more,  

From what I can recall, I wouldn't consider him a "tough" player, but he doesn't have any fear about driving to the net or digging into board battles. He gets very little PIMs yearly, so he's not gonna beat anyone up for us. Always hated him when we played him. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Long view yes, definitely.  Heh, but maybe wait until there is some breathing room?  (ie October 2020)

I was hoping it was early this year but that didn't happen.

I see a lot of Honey Badger(in his prime) in Jake but with more bite and snipin. Maybe a Badger with a shotgun.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roberts said:

A lot of people are going to be quoted in the future if this trade works out like the Miller trade has so far.

If he resigns then its not bad, if its for 20 games then I really don't like it.  I really wanted to see more less trades like recently where guys with some sort of term were being traded, making it worthwhile for today and futures. 

1 minute ago, khay said:

If we can unload Sutter's contract (he only has 1 year remaining), we might be able to sign Toffoli as well.

On July 1st the Canucks give Loui 3M then his salary is 1M for the season, bonus the following year of 1M with a 3M base. That's only 5M of actual money for 2 years with a caphit of 6M. There has to be a team willing to take him on with a decent pick or prospect.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I’m in the ‘Overpayment’ camp simply because Toffoli is on an expiring deal. Is he a good addition? Yes. But giving up Madden and a 2nd for a rental on a team that honestly isn’t ready to make a serious run yet hurts. 

I’m wondering if maybe there’s something going on behind the scenes with Madden we’re unaware of, like he decided he didn’t want to come to Vancouver.

• Like 1

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Toughness and shed some damn cap to re-sign everybody.

Don't want to let Toffoli walk and lose Madden for nothing.

That would make everyone upset.

Exactly, gotta figure out a way to move Sutter.

Don't think we're gunna move Eriksson easily. How many more key futures do you wanna give up making that happen... 

Unbelievable benning actual got someone to take Schaller. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Schaller on waivers or moved again. 
really this is madden (who very good) and a 2nd for toffoli. 
I like it good move. But only If he resigns. 

Downside even more cap crunched 

Edited by Tracksuit

3 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

You really want another year with no playoffs ? I don’t know about you but I’m tired of missing the playoffs. 1st round exit or not I want to see this team win. No more lottery years. 

No i dont want another year with no playoffs but if it means we stay in the playoffs for 10 years straight this isnt the way to do it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1