The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

Mixed feelings about this one. I'm also a little concerned as to where this leaves Boeser, are we acquiring a scoring RW because BB6 could be out a while?

Losing Madden hurts, but if I were to put a knock on him it would be his unchanged weight 2 years after being drafted. He's still a very slight 160lb, if he can't put on weight I doubt he could be very effective. Jb seems to like adding 2nds to make things happen. I would have liked for more cap to have been moved, namely Baertschi would have made this more palatable as his cap proceeds into next year. 

Toffoli! Bo finally gets a winger! I'm half-kidding. Will we see a resurrection of 'that 70s line' but with Horvat in the middle? We got a proven playoff performer and consistent 50 point guy.

I have no idea how we're bringing Toffoli back next season, in addition to Tanev/Markstrom, there just isn't enough money. Does the organization know something (Ferland retirement, Eriksson termination) that we don't?

I'll give Benning the benefit of the doubt since his last trade was a homerun.  Don't see the need to be a buyer tbh but if this gets Eriksson out of the lineup than it's a huge win.

Maybe Madden can hold out and sign with us anyways:bigblush:

1 minute ago, Bitter Melon said:

I’m in the ‘Overpayment’ camp simply because Toffoli is on an expiring deal. Is he a good addition? Yes. But giving up Madden and a 2nd for a rental on a team that honestly isn’t ready to make a serious run yet hurts. 

I’m wondering if maybe there’s something going on behind the scenes with Madden we’re unaware of, like he decided he didn’t want to come to Vancouver.

Madden is tiny,  he wants to play centre. Canucks are set with three excellent young centres.  I could definitely see those three things adding up to Madden staying in school to become  free agent. I’m sure the Kings spoke to him before this trade about opportunity in their lineup.  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Exactly, gotta figure out a way to move Sutter.

Don't think we're gunna move Eriksson easily. How many more key futures do you wanna give up making that happen... 

Sutter/Baer need to be moved.

Hope that Loui retires otherwise we gonna say bye to more picks.. Maybe Ferland has too retire too which would suck.

Also gotta pray that Tanev/Markstrom take discounts.

A lot has to go right!

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Cheers 1