The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

To me even if they lose in the first round. Getting our young core playoff experience is actually a good thing. 

For sure super valuable for the kids to experience NHL playoff hockey.

Just reallly wondering what we gave up in Madden though.....  19 goals in 27 games this year seems pretty good.....

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Well, considering a lot of the Canucks issues center around failure to convert on the man advantage and defensive lapse, canning those two and giving Green a better supporting cast coach wise makes more sense at this juncture. 

I agree but if the results are not there Going forward he needs to go 

To me even if they lose in the first round. Getting our young core playoff experience is actually a good thing. 

JB is spinning things already by saying it’s about being in the playoff race and playing meaningful games right now.  

If it's a panic trade then JB has been panicking for months. He's been saying since December he wanted to add a top 6 forward. 

Pretty sure he's been panicking since the day he became GM of this team.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Clarifying my frustration.  Fair to slightly below market value-wise; I just don't think the team was strong enough to be dealing futures in exchange for rentals this year.

Understandable Heffy.  I see a longer term injury for Brock as the possible reasons behind this.  As well as the disappointment of Ferland’s recurring concussion symptoms.  Needed a bonafide second line winger. 

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

For sure super valuable for the kids to experience NHL playoff hockey.

Just reallly wondering what we gave up in Madden though.....  19 goals in 27 games this year seems pretty good.....

We gotta a lot of forward positions made up like our top 3 centres and guys like Hog and Pod's ahead of him for top 6 spots. He also has a huge disadvantage in his weight and we really need more grit in our bottom 6.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

This is such a pathetic desperation move. Tyler Madden's points are comparable to a first rd pick and you gave him up for a rental. Threw in a pick for fun too. 

Lukas Jasek has made Madden expendable 

• Like 1
  • Wat 1

Sick trade. Toffoli is legit and people were terrified that it was gonna be Simmonds. Picks outside the top five are overrated and Madden has nowhere to be with Petey, Bo and Gaud at center long term. People are assuming the worst about Toffoli being a rental and the best of a 2nd and Madden's potential. Much like the Miller trade.

Funny how that worked out.

• Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We have a lot of prospects on the cusp and a lot of spots filled in on the roster already.

It appears that the Canucks believe in Gaudette being a 3rd C which makes anyone behind him expendable, which was Madden in this case. If they weren't confident in what they had they wouldn't of traded what they thought was a position of strength.

That said I hope Toffoli re-signs.

Gaud has definitely made me a believer with his play this year.