The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

I would most definitely not have a xD reaction, more like..

Image result for sad empty feeling gif

I mean, it's entirely possible though. Jim is banking on both the team and Toffoli in a huge way, and judging by how we've been playing lately, ehhhhh......

Also, how does this affect our cap crunch? We're kind of banking on prospects like Madden to step in and contribute on entry level deals to help alleviate some of the pressure. Assuming we do resign Toffoli, that's one more big salary on the books and one less prospect that will be able to step in and fill a spot on an entry level deal. 

I like Taffoli from when he's played against us.  Though no 1st or 2nd round pick... ugh.  I know if it was the Flames or Leafs and not us, half the people praising this trade would be laughing how those teams s#(@(!$ themselves for the future. 

Oh well.  All we can do is hope we make the playoffs and get to play one of the meh teams from our division. 

12 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

So just create a losing culture the way Edmonton has the last 15 years... seems legit. 

You could get your docorate on the fauilures of edmonton when it comes to competence and general weakness of the draft structure.

Its not creating a loosing culture when your fully prepared to win in the playoffs.instead of cheating and side stepping any resemblance of a well built team.

Also don't quite know how to feel about it.

Ask me in a year. Then we'll know a lot more.

Cons:  I fear we are risking our future too much. Dumping too many entry level players that will be able to be added to develop with a team in a couple of years when Hughes and Pettersson will be entering their primes. In order to sustain our window going forward 5, 6 years we will need some youth on ELCs if we want to keep good support veterans for Hugs and Petey. Instead we are top loading the team with vets.   Including Miller's cost, we have shed a 1st r pick, 2nd r pick, 3rd r pick, top prospect Madden, and a 4th if Tofolli re-signs.  JB is definitely not concerned about the next wave we will need,  He knows his job depends on making the post season NOW.

Pros: Toffoli has seemed to be always a Canuck Killer when he played against us.  I've always liked him. A top six still in his prime years who can score. A player who can help us now.  And if he makes a difference in us getting to the dance, and dare I say help us do well once we get there, AND re-signs after, our team is definitely improved, and Bo gets an upgrade from LE, I'll be happy.  He could be like a Miller 2.0. 

I'll just try and not worry about the future, put my blinders on and and put my fingers in my  ears "la la la la la la la..." and believe it will all work out.

71WaYUVBprL._AC_SY679_.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I mean, it's entirely possible though. Jim is banking on both the team and Toffoli in a huge way, and judging by how we've been playing lately, ehhhhh......

Also, how does this affect our cap crunch? We're kind of banking on prospects like Madden to step in and contribute on entry level deals to help alleviate some of the pressure. Assuming we do resign Toffoli, that's one more big salary on the books and one less prospect that will be able to step in and fill a spot on an entry level deal. 

Yeah.  Cap era, you need a constant flow of prospects if you want to stay good. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

1. To get someone good, you have to give someone good up. 

2. Benning is going all in, he knows he has to make the playoffs...

...and really, the Canucks could do damage this year.  The west sucks right now. 

When you trade your 1st & 2nd round pick (plus prospects), the rebuild is over. 

Sound like everyone did about Pettersson (and every other tiny player that has success nowadays). 

Mikael Samuelsson had 30 goals one year.  He doesn't count? 

wasn't he a free agent? im not too sure but youre right. 

11 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

You honestly think Pearson is top six?

in the Pacific maybe, nowhere else 

he runs hot and cold and his position raking is below average 

I like him, as a 3rd or 4th line guy 

How is he not a top 6 forward? There's 186 top six spot in the NHL and right now Pearson has the 71st most points for a forward. 

• Cheers 3