Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

11 minutes ago, CrippledCanuck said:

Wouldnt be surprised if Canucks talked with toffoli about re-signing before trading for him

Drop a little ... 

“Hey Tanner, I hear Edmonton’s all in on Tyler, ask him if he’d resign with us if we got him “ 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, FlyLow_ said:

Not sure how to feel about this one. I like the idea of Toffoli now but if we gave up what we gave up for a rental that just goes back to LA at the end of the season I might barf. The defense still needs to be upgraded before we are going anywhere, we already can't afford to pay the guys we already have next year. I can't get my head around this. If we trade out Sutter and Stecher for picks I will feel a lot better.

I really hope this doesn't mean Boeser's injury is worse than we've been told.

Edit** Of course it does..

Stay calm and enjoy the push for a playoff spot.  The canucks goal is the playoffs - its kind of like living day to day.

• Huggy Bear 1

51 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Boes out minimum 3 weeks and Ferland out all season as expected after Utica.

Fixed

• Like 1

Guess this means no more Eriksson on that Bo line.

Just now, Seinfeld said:

Does Toffoli even move the needle? He's a 40 point player. That's not top-six forward production, and if it is it's at the lower end. Add to the fact that he's a UFA and 28, this trade makes little sense. 

That's my issue. 

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The rebuild isn’t finished though.  That’s the concern.  JB says it is, and is making moves (since the Miller trade) like it is.  IMO he’s wrong.  We are two young top players away from having a completed core.  It’s too soon to be giving up picks and prospects,  JB is tweaking the team, and it’s too soon for that.  

In all honesty how good of a prospect was Madden though? Very small player at 5 11 150. He is having a good year though. With strong drafts of late I.E Podkolzin, Hoglander and Gaudette stepping up I dont think Madden was as good of a prospect as we think with our depth at center.

• Like 1

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

Amazing.  Nothing like getting a Canuck killer to come on board and be one of our own!

That's actually got a lot of teeth.  I don't think there's a player in the league that I fear more going up against the Canucks than TT.  He always seems to dismantle the Nucks.

• Hydration 3

Just now, EliasBoeser said:

I think everyone thought it would be Eriksson and a 17th round pick

17th? Oh my god! Noooooooooo!

3 minutes ago, Seinfeld said:

Does Toffoli even move the needle? He's a 40 point player. That's not top-six forward production, and if it is it's at the lower end. Add to the fact that he's a UFA and 28, this trade makes little sense. 

Don’t let the stats fool you. LA hasn’t  been an offensive team. Even in their cup years and when they were good Tyler put up 30 goals. The last 2 seasons, that’s been a really bad team. 

• Sedinery 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Now, on to Brenden Dillon. 

Very possibly, though that's have to be a hockey trade, I doubt he wants to shed more picks.  That said, who knows at this point?

• Hydration 1

3 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Jimmy has a bit of work this summer for sure.

Marky, Tanev, Taffoli.

Loui, Sutter, Baer?

Will be interesting.

Yeah the goalie situation is going to be a tough one...Do you go with youth in Demko or re sign Marky after his career year...one of them wont be here. I don't see Tanev, Baer or Sutter being here next year...although at a lower price tag Sutter has a role on this team.

My 2 cents on this trade.  It looks a lot like the Miller trade.  Not cheap but will be very much worth it IF resigned.  Regardless, I think he'll have immediate impact on the team.  He's another character guy that knows how to win.  Plays a really effective 200 ft game.  He'll most likely replace Louie on the 2nd line and have much more offence but similar defence to Lou.

To me the bigger message from management is:  following the Blackhawk rebuild model instead if the Jet model.  We can debate which is the best model with the current players we have but I for one think this was the right choice and believe the time is now to compete for the cup.  I don't expect us to go beyond the second round but what experience that would be!  In two years I can see us lift the cup with a core just under 25!...  Just like the Hawks did.  Worth the gamble and will be a fun team to watch for years to come.

Thank you JB!:towel:

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Amazing.  Nothing like getting a Canuck killer to come on board and be one of our own!

You mean he's gonna score own goals on us like Loui? haha

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chris12345 said:

That's my issue. 

I mean he was on the league 2nd worst team offensively despite leading his team in goals.

I wouldn't hang my hat on it he's in a way better environment now and would of been producing a lot more had he started out with us.

Just now, stawns said:

Very possibly, though that's have to be a hockey trade, I doubt he wants to shed more picks.  That said, who knows at this point?

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Now, on to Brenden Dillon. 

That's the type of guys we need....please no more of those 6'0, 190 pounders!

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Lol exactly !