The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

14 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

If Toffoli re-signs here then this is a very fair deal. He will look great with Pearson and Bo. He had good chemistry with Pearson in LA. Always played well against us. Really rounds out our Top 6. 

That being said, if Toffoli DOES NOT re-sign here, then this is a pricey Rental. Only time will tell.

Excited to see Toffoli in the lineup though! I’m going to trust JB on this one until I have reason not to. 

I agree in the sense if there is no re-signing him that the 2nd is too much.  But look what Greene and Coleman net Jersey.  

6 minutes ago, Seinfeld said:

Does Toffoli even move the needle? He's a 40 point player. That's not top-six forward production, and if it is it's at the lower end. Add to the fact that he's a UFA and 28, this trade makes little sense. 

A 40 point player that cost far far less than Coleman cost the Bolts.  With far better production and a far better defensive acumen. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Don’t let the stats fool you. LA hasn’t  been an offensive team. Even in their cup years and when they were good Tyler put up 30 goals. The last 2 seasons, that’s been a really bad team. 

That's what I'm hoping for. 

• Cheers 1

I think it's a fair trade; especially if the Nucks can re-sign TT in the summer.  I think Madden is a solid prospect for the Kings and is probably already in the top portion of their prospect pool.

JB has a lot of players that will need to move on now and he will likely be trying to get the 2nd back in a trade.

The best part of it all, is that the Soilers were going hard to get TT and missed out on the deal.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CJ44 said:

In all honesty how good of a prospect was Madden though? Very small player at 5 11 150. He is having a good year though. With strong drafts of late I.E Podkolzin, Hoglander and Gaudette stepping up I dont think Madden was as good of a prospect as we think with our depth at center.

Like I said the trade value is fair.  But the timing is bad.  That’s actradecwe make when our core is complete and Cup competitive.  It’s too soon.  

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Eriksson would need to retire. Maybe Ferland does too.

Sutter/Baer would need to be dealt.

Tanev and Markstrom would have to take discounts.

At least 2 of 3 of those would need to happen.

Miracles really, the team has not enough cap space to re-sign all the expiring contracts, I am not sure that Boeser can even come back before the end of the season.

14 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Ewwww

Canucks need MORE D Prospects, trading them is not an option.

Wrong, schaller was like a fart in the wind after eating escargot and filet mignon. Expensive and over rated.

Adding a 2nd line winger for a 2nd and madden and cap of schaller is a WIN, if toffoli re signs it's a HOMERUN!

Look what BLAKE COEMAN cost tampa bay.

Toffoli is better.and cost much less.

Madden as a checking center would fail and he would likely be hurt most of the tip with that tiny frame of his.

Sassbs, buy me a drink ?:wub:

Madden likely wouldn't have bumped any C out of the top 3.

He's not pushing Virtanen Boeser Hogz or podz out. Nor pearson or Miller.

The thing with toffoli that i like is that he has a bit of a loose wire sometimes, see his hit in burrows from behind? The dragon slayer was always a burr to the queens..

Are you drunk?

That's funny that you commented about tweeners and having enough of them.

Who did you derive your name from? A fan favorite heart and soul agitator, aka a tweener when not playing with HOF players like the Sedins!

Thanks Devron!

Leivo 1.5

Motte 975k

Graovac 700k

= 3.175 on LTIR

Schaller 1.9

For toffoli @ 4.6m

Plus Ferland on LTIR 3.5?

I disagree, see my above comments. On Blake Coleman, available players for the top 6, where madden could have fit etc 

Are you still drunk ?

Either way the Canucks needed a 2nd line RW for Horvat.

I've discussed this before and I desperately wanted Alex Tuch... so he could touch me:ph34r:

Not mad about toffoli or the low price for him, just wanted more size in the to 6.

No one says he is a rental. 

As of now he is a canuck and hopefully GMJB asked toffoli if he would re sign in Vancouver before the trade was made.

We've always needed another winger for Horvat.

Miller Pettersson Boeser 

Pearson Horvat Toffoli 

Ferland Gaudette Virtanen

Roussell Beagle Sutter 

:metal:

Leivo motter Eriksson 

Tougher because Schaller was a non factor.

And definitely harder to play against Vancouver now.

Not if GMJB asked if he could speak with toffoli before the deal was made.

Lol we ain't a contender like Tampa bay so u cant compare what tampa is giving up for so and so player vs what we gave up. I'm going to assume that conditional 2nd becomes a 1st if he re-signs or something.. toffoli if he gets back close to 30 goals a season maybe.. but we could have tried for him in the off season for free. We are not close to being a contender. Throwing away 1st 2nd prospect youd almost think we are going all in lol. 

Madden may turn out to be a beauty - and if so, this may turn out to be a costly trade... especially if he doesn't re-sign.

On the flip side, I feel it shows our confidence in Gauds, as as such goves up an asset we really didn't need for a guy who can help us right now.

I am mixed on the trade, but do feel TT will be good for our 2nd line.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I agree in the sense if there is no re-signing him that the 2nd is too much.  But look what Greene and Coleman net Jersey.  

A 40 point player that cost far far less than Coleman cost the Bolts.  With far better production and a far better defensive acumen. 

Yeah that set the market going into the trade Deadline. Could shape up to be an up-market for Sellers. 

2 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Lol we ain't a contender like Tampa bay so u cant compare what tampa is giving up for so and so player vs what we gave up. I'm going to assume that conditional 2nd becomes a 1st if he re-signs or something.. toffoli if he gets back close to 30 goals a season maybe.. but we could have tried for him in the off season for free. We are not close to being a contender. Throwing away 1st 2nd prospect youd almost think we are going all in lol. 

There is no conditional 2nd. It's a 2nd round pick and a conditional 4th. 

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, kloubek said:

Madden may turn out to be a beauty - and if so, this may turn out to be a costly trade... especially if he doesn't re-sign.

On the flip side, I feel it shows our confidence in Gauds, as as such goves up an asset we really didn't need for a guy who can help us right now.

I am mixed on the trade, but do feel TT will be good for our 2nd line.

His size may not help him in the big leagues tho. Needs to get bigger imo.

• Upvote 1