The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

2 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

I have so much confidence in our scouting staff that trading away picks don't bother me as much anymore lol.

as long as Brackett, Gradin and Benning are here we're good. 

for all we know, Aidan Mcdonough could be the next Madden. 

Bracket is leaving after this season.  By all accounts he’s the draft guru.  

4 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I get where the Madden love is coming from, but lets be real. He is playing behind Petey, Horvat and likely Gaudette. On the RW he'd be behind Boeser, Podkolzin and even Virtanen. Toffoli is a legit top 6 player. Madden is a 3rd liner hopeful, and if he overachieves maybe a top 6er. He is a decent lottery pick but not a sure thing like Toffoli is. That's not even including the fact Toffoli can play for us NOW. With Boeser down and our 1st rounder not in our control it makes sense to trade for a soon to be 28 year old to solidify our top 6. 

And again, lets be real. We weren't getting a top 6 forward for Eriksson, Rathbone, and a 3rd like some of you post in the proposal section. Gotta give to get and as of right now I like the cost. Assuming at worst he stays status quo in terms of his play. But I think he'll play really well with Bo and Pearson. Or potentially even better if he plays with Petey and Miller while Boeser is out.

Yes , i meant to add this when moving him to wing came up. There was talk about moving him to the wing when he was drafted , which was pre- podkolzin.  A this talk of us needing size and pushback,  yet some are suggesting a 150 pound centre was a bad trade piece for Toffoli?

Edited by cuporbust

Just now, Alflives said:

Miller’s contract will be up just when our young core is coming into their prime years for competing for a Cup.  That’s why IMO the timing of the trade to get him was too soon.  He’s a really good player, but he’s not going to be here when our young core is matured, so it’s a waste of assets getting him.  

you do realize the cap will be going up significantly

when the new tv deal is signed ?

i think the salary cap crunch is an issue this season and next

then things will get flexible again

again, not sure why you want to project a negative outlook on most things

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

The real winner here is Horvat, he's had Boeser and he's had Baer but he's never had two legit second liners on his wings as a Canuck. I hope they mesh quickly and produce.

Pearson and Toffoli already have proven chemistry. I think a lot of pressure just came off Bo and if he's not trying to do it all himself he plays better. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

you do realize the cap will be going up significantly

when the new tv deal is signed ?

i think the salary cap crunch is an issue this season and next

then things will get flexible again

again, not sure why you want to project a negative outlook on most things

It's cause he's been a Canucks fan all his life.

Such a hard life, man...

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Pearson and Toffoli already have proven chemistry. I think a lot of pressure just came off Bo and if he's not trying to do it all himself he plays better. 

He's finally got legit linemates to use, let's see what he can do with the extra help

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Not to mention we just got word Boeser is out allot longer then expected 

• Upvote 1