The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

5 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Creating a winning environment and actually playing meaningful hockey is how teams mature, grow, and learn to overcome hurdles and that’s a fact. That’s Exactly what they are doing right now as they are playing meaningful hockey for the first time in half a decade. FFS man have some optimism for once. 

This! I totally agree man. Who wants to be like the Oilers for the next 10 years. After 4 years out I want in the playoffs end of story.  After this deal is done we have lots of prospects left.

Madden is a tiny center that has no guarantees of turning into anything. Look at Johnny Hockey great college player that scores a lot in the regular season and come playoff time is invisible. Our forward group now would grind that flames team into smitherines. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Their career stats are almost identical. Miller has a slight edge.

Yeah, still not so sure Toffoli could add what Miller has added for us. But if you told me Miller would be a point per game guy for us I would have told you that you were crazy. I am just hopeful he plays for us the way he has played for LA. He has a 57% corsi playing on LA. That's pretty crazy in my books given how bad they been.

4 minutes ago, 6YPE said:

Just think about how everyone was losing it when JB traded for Miller... this could very well turn out to be a similar situation... no ones complaining now. 

Hey this is Vancouver, we'll find something to complain about..........right Alf

1 hour ago, brian42 said:

Can’t wait to see these lines Once Leivo and Boeser are back:

Miller Petey Boeser

Pearson Horvat Toffoli 

Leivo Gaudette Virtanen 

Roussel Beagle Sutter

Motte

MacEwen

Bailey

Eriksson 

min the future I hope we don’t spend much more than a million per player on the 4th line though. 

I'd personally go 

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Toffoli

Leivo-Gaudette-Virtanen

Motte-Beagle-MacEwen

Roussel

Trade Sutter at deadline and try to recoup that 2nd rounder given up for Toffoli

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Yeah, still not so sure Toffoli could add what Miller has added for us. But if you told me Miller would be a point per game guy for us I would have told you that you were crazy. I am just hopeful he plays for us the way he has played for LA. He has a 57% corsi playing on LA. That's pretty crazy in my books given how bad they been.

Toffoli is a player I pay attention to at times when we're playing LA.

I've mentioned earlier that he's greasy and wins a lot of battles. He does hit, not as much as Miller, but it's not like Bo's gonna hit anyone either.

He picks his spots, but he doesn't shy away from contact or allow himself to be pushed around. Plus he's got a crafty elbow and uses his stick in creative ways (greasy).

If they decide to use him with Petey while Boes is out, there's no reason to think he wont be ppg with Miller.

Edited by luckylager

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I think the concern that fans have is that Toffoli is going to be UFA after this season, the chances of him walking is, presumably, quite high. How are the Canucks going to afford his salary and cap hit? He's probably going to want to be paid quite handsomely. 

Generally players don't like bouncing around, and given the team's situation I think we'd be an enticing team to play for going forward. He gets to stay on the west coast, where he's played his entire NHL career. He gets to play on a up and coming team with great young players. The chances of him walking away are not as you say "quite high" imo. I'll let the team worry about re-signing him. As a fan I am excited to see this play out over the here and now. I trust he'll want to stay and will negotiate as such.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, x00x said:

Nice, i love toffoli , this is gonna be great :) , i dont mind losing madden , as we have alot of good prospects in our system as is, so for someone like toffoli ...its worth, and putting him with tannner again, gonna be epic

In fact, Podkolzin, Goldobin, Bailey, Lind, Rafferty, Woo, Juolevi, Rathbone, Gadjovich, Brisebois, Höglander, MacEwen, Tryamkin, Chatfield, Graovac, Gaudette are all arguably better than Madden.

Edited by Me_
  • Upvote 1

This is a way better deal then Tampa did yesterday??

Picked up Coleman 5'10, 28  3rd line centre - --  Tampa traded 2019 1st rounder and 2020 - 1st rounder..

This trade makes Vancouver better and a very solid 2nd line..

#3 rd line..

Lievo - Gaudette -- Virtanen --- Like the grit and speed and talent..

I like Madden but we have enough players his size...

We will get some good draft picks back soon when we Decide on Markstrom or Demko this will be May 2020 - Return 1st rounder and  good prospect

Stetcher -- 3rd rounder in return...

Lievo ---- 3rd rounder

Sutter -- 3rd rounder

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1