The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

I for one was happy with the Miller trade and am now happy with this one.  I am a fan, but mostly I enjoy watching my team play exciting games.  That means playoffs.  I liked Madden and was really disappointed to hear he was going, but understand that you need to give something to get something.  The Lightning set the market with the Coleman deal and we actually got a better player for less.

I am glad that our GM is trying to improve us and get us into the playoffs.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

They ain’t doing that.

If Benning was smart he would. Sutter can only make our 4th line. What does that say about what they think of the player? He isn't physical and he plays soft. Don't care if he kills penaltys. He has a losing mindset. Needs to go

Edited by Outsiders

1 minute ago, wildcam said:

This is a way better deal then Tampa did yesterday??

Picked up Coleman 5'10, 28  3rd line centre - --  Tampa traded 2019 1st rounder and 2020 - 1st rounder..

This trade makes Vancouver better and a very solid 2nd line..

#3 rd line..

Lievo - Gaudette -- Virtanen --- Like the grit and speed and talent..

I like Madden but we have enough players his size...

We will get some good draft picks back soon when we Decide on Markstrom or Demko this will be May 2020 - Return 1st rounder and  good prospect

Stetcher -- 3rd rounder in return...

Lievo ---- 3rd rounder

Sutter -- 3rd rounder

Are we trading Leivo or playing him? Cause he is a UFA this summer. I doubt anyone would trade a 3rd rounder at the draft for a bottom 6 pending UFA. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sbriggs said:

Why not? Insight?

Because they want to win and he’s a key part of that. Can play up and down the line up. If a Center goes down, he fills that role. He’s filling Boeser role right now on the PP. Kills penalties etc. If he’s going to be moved it won’t be till the offseason if he does get moved at all

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Toffoli is a player I pay attention to at times when we're playing LA.

I've mentioned earlier that he's greasy and wins a lot of battles. He does hit, not as much as Miller, but it's not like Bo's gonna hit anyone either.

He picks his spots, but he doesn't shy away from contact or allow himself to be pushed around. Plus he's got a crafty elbow and uses his stick in creative ways (greasy).

If they decide to use him with Petey while Boes is out, there's no reason to think he wont be ppg with Miller.

Possibly, possibly. I did think about that possibility but can lightning hit the same place twice? I can't wait to see how he does.

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Physically and emotionally getting strong enough to lead their support players to championships.  Look how long it took the Twins to get there.  Some guys get there sooner, but mostly it’s in the early 20’s (22,23) for truly top players.  Even JB said Cups are won by teams with guys leading the charge who are 26 on average.  Why he’s going all in over this last year is strange, considering our two key players are 20 and 21, and still maturing physically and emotionally.  

Chicago made WCF in Kane's 2nd season and won cup in Kane's 3rd season.

Why can't the Canucks get to WCF in EP's 2nd season and win the cup in EP's 3rd season?

Hughes is playing like Keith who put up 69 points in 82 games in 2009-10 season and outplaying Keith' 08-09 season, 44 points in 77 games.

Led by EP and Hughes this team's road to WCF is wide open. 

Chicago in 2008-09 season had one 30 goal scorer, four 20 goal scorers, and one guy that scored 19 goals (won't mention his name).

Canucks in 2019-20 season are on pace to have one 30 goal scorer (EP) and 5 to 6 20 goal scorers (Miller, Horvat, Pearson, Toffoli, Virtanen, and Boeser if he comes back in time). 

Chicago's defence featured Keith, Seabrook, Cambell, Barker, and Hjalmarsson (made the team full time towards the end of the season). 

We have Hughes, Tanev, Edler, Myers, Stecher, Fatenberg, Benn. It's worse but not by much.

And I think Marky >  Bulin wall. 

I think we have a shot at WCF this season. I don't think JB's is done with trades.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

If Benning was smart he would. Sutter can only make our 4th line. What does that say about what they think of the player? He isn't physical and he plays soft. Don't care if he kills penaltys. He has a losing mindset. Needs to go

I guess he’s gonna look dumb for not trading him this deadline then. He didn’t go out to get Toffoli just to trade Sutter that much I know 

1 minute ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Just found out Toffoli's wife is some kind of coordinator for the Dodgers; that might be enough to put him back in LA at season's end. 

hey

the lions could use a coordinator

i'm certain she'll relish that opportunity

a real challenge

Edited by coastal.view
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

the pages are for toffoli

if we got mcdavid for you

we'd get it over 100 pages

talking about mcdavid though

:bigblush:

Knowing CDC, some people will chant fire JB for trading EP for McDavid: "We basically traded Getzky for McDavid. Even the great one said EP is most like himself blah blah blah."