The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think BB will be moved, but I think it's at the draft for a top 10-15 pick

BB is a top 6 winger.  A draft pick is not going to help now or next year where the mandate is to make the playoffs. 

If anything, a top 4 D is what BB would fetch.

17 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

If Jim could find a way to shed Baer's deal I'd be thrilled with this years TDL. 

I suspect that trying to recover picks is something thats going to have to happen at the draft. 

Heard on 1040 this morning mostly (even they) liking the Tofoli deal.  One guy did point out that Madden and the second could have been used this summer to dump Loui, and clear cap room to sign Marky and Tanev.  I hadn’t thought about the sweetener value we lost by giving up Madden and a second.  There could be a domino effect here, that isn’t seen at first glance, but results in us losing one if two very important players this summer.  

I’ve moved my thinking to being okay with the trade, but can see why some are still worried about negative consequences.  

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

Sure. But I do like the passion. Those tear rose the price up.

I disagree, the guy wants to be in sjs.

His strengths are his toughness, strength and defensive game. If he's traded anywhere that he does not want to go will he bring the same passion to a new team?

Or not care to be engaged ...

Plus he is only a rental because he will go back to sjs in the offseason

• Cheers 1

Just now, theo5789 said:

Considering how much it cost to dump 1 year of Marleau, I highly doubt Madden and a 2nd would get rid of 2 more years of LE.

Good point.  Loui, however, will have two seasons left carrying a six milli9n cap hit, but only costing 2 million in actually dollars spent.  Marleau was 6 million and six million.  To a bottom feeder cap team, who is rebuilding, I could see them being very attracted to such a trade.  

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I'm thinking, especially considering the issues that Vancouver has with physical play, that Benning will want to see how a player of Tryamkin's stature works under Green before considering moving him.

Exactly...the solution might be right under their nose...plus, they need to give Rafferty a look.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

His strengths are his toughness, strength and defensive game. If he's traded anywhere that he does not want to go will he bring the same passion to a new team?

Easy to mitigate. Conditional 3rd round pick that if he doesn't re-sign with his new team that it becomes "future considerations" or like a 6th round pick.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Will San Jose want to re-sign him?