The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Shea Weber & 1st for Brock & LE

Not that bad of a proposal.....

I mean.... there's a pretty good possibility that MTL may be a high lottery pick team this year.  

So assuming Weber will maintain his current play for the next 4-5 years and the 1st rounder turns out to be a top-5 pick.... giving up Boeser and LE will be a bargain.  

36 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Not that bad of a proposal.....

I mean.... there's a pretty good possibility that MTL may be a high lottery pick team this year.  

So assuming Weber will maintain his current play for the next 4-5 years and the 1st rounder turns out to be a top-5 pick.... giving up Boeser and LE will be a bargain.  

It’s great for Vancouver.  But Montreal wouldnt touch that deal 

Kudos to OP..this one's pretty interesting to mull over. There are so many knock-on effects, & aspects to consider.

To make it more realistic/palatable for both sides, I'd suggest the Habs 1st becomes a 2020 2nd & 2021 2nd/3rd(establish a gp threshold for SW, next season).

On Weber: Let's be realistic, an acquiring team must assume they're getting maybe 2, or 3 seasons outa' the guy, then he becomes an LTIR-scarecrow. That's cool too, they'd be no recapture to fret over. Nash might give you a 3rd/4th for him, so they can babysit this transition.

Prob Tanev & Stecher move on. Myers, NT, & SW would be a redwood forest. You might get extra yrs from SW this way, with evenly-dished mins. Woo & Rafferty get OJT from a killer-trio.

Best to dump Loui's ticket here & now. @qwijibo Bet you still don't like it, but as I've been saying, Bergevin is trying to serve two masters(pres & future), & he better wise up & choose the future. So next deal Price to a desperado like Colorado, & move forward w/ oodles of hoarded youth.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Kudos to OP..this one's pretty interesting to mull over. There are so many knock-on effects, & aspects to consider.

To make it more realistic/palatable for both sides, I'd suggest the Habs 1st becomes a 2020 2nd & 2021 2nd/3rd(establish a gp threshold for SW, next season).

On Weber: Let's be realistic, an acquiring team must assume they're getting maybe 2, or 3 seasons outa' the guy, then he becomes an LTIR-scarecrow. That's cool too, they'd be no recapture to fret over. Nash might give you a 3rd/4th for him, so they can babysit this transition.

Prob Tanev & Stecher move on. Myers, NT, & SW would be a redwood forest. You might get extra yrs from SW this way, with evenly-dished mins. Woo & Rafferty get OJT from a killer-trio.

Best to dump Loui's ticket here & now. @qwijibo Bet you still don't like it, but as I've been saying, Bergevin is trying to serve two masters(pres & future), & he better wise up & choose the future. So next deal Price to a desperado like Colorado, & move forward w/ oodles of hoarded youth.

It’s a piss poor deal for Montreal  no matter how you try to dress it up.  They lose a top pairing RHD (arguably one of the hardest commodities to find in the NHL) and create a huge hole, they lose valuable leadership. They lose a high draft pick, it costs them $4m a year in extra cap space.  They lose a contract spot. In return they get a very good young winger who can’t stay healthy, has yet to break 30 goals, and seemingly has regressed from his rookie season. And they get a boat anchor Eriksson.  Take Montreal’s 1st and Eriksson our of the deal  it’s closer.  But I bet Montreal still doesn’t do it. 

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

It’s a piss poor deal for Montreal  no matter how you try to dress it up.  They lose a top pairing RHD (arguably one of the hardest commodities to find in the NHL) and create a huge hole, they lose valuable leadership. They lose a high draft pick, it costs them $4m a year in extra cap space.  They lose a contract spot. In return they get a very good young winger who can’t stay healthy, has yet to break 30 goals, and seemingly has regressed from his rookie season. And they get a boat anchor Eriksson.  Take Montreal’s 1st and Eriksson our of the deal  it’s closer.  But I bet Montreal still doesn’t do it. 

Whatever they do/don't do(that you're insisting upon) Bergevin has been getting them nowhere fast. 2010 is very much over. Habs need some 2020 relevance.

He may have buds in high places, but I think that cat has used up about 7 lives, by my count.

Instead of running to the league(some yrs ago), slagging JB..he should look WEST for inspiration :^)

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

Whatever they do/don't do(that you're insisting upon) Bergevin has been getting them nowhere fast. 2010 is very much over. Habs need some 2020 relevance.

He may have buds in high places, but I think that cat has used up about 7 lives, by my count.

Instead of running to the league(some yrs ago), slagging JB..he should look WEST for inspiration :^)

It’s funny how people ignore that it was both Bergevin and Yzerman that filled Tampere g charges.  Benning messed up. It’s that simple.  As far as looking to the west. Carolina is out of the playoff picture in the east with 70 points.  If they were in the Pacific they’d be in first.  

26 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

It’s funny how people ignore that it was both Bergevin and Yzerman that filled Tampere g charges.  Benning messed up. It’s that simple.  As far as looking to the west. Carolina is out of the playoff picture in the east with 70 points.  If they were in the Pacific they’d be in first.  

All dismissed because it's some low-level, choreographed, "I'm so sad, as GM" waltz w/ some of his insider league buddies. Most folks see thru such charades quite easily, & JB's subsequent(stellar) draft/trade work has clearly illustrated how the cream rises to the top.

So should he help the Habs outa' their self-made morass? Well, it's up to Gent Jim..& time will tell.

9 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

All dismissed because it's some low-level, choreographed, "I'm so sad, as GM" waltz w/ some of his insider league buddies. Most folks see thru such charades quite easily, & JB's subsequent(stellar) draft/trade work has clearly illustrated how the cream rises to the top.

So should he help the Habs outa' their self-made morass? Well, it's up to Gent Jim..& time will tell.

Montreal has a young lineup. Has a great prospect pool, lots of cap space and a ton of picks in the upcoming draft.  Moving their first pairing RHD captain is hardly a mess they need a Vancouvers help with.