The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I Just Dont Get It With Canuck Fans

Rate this topic

Zigmund.Palffy

2 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

I think the problem is, you appear to see Canuck fans as a collective but while we are all Canucks, there are several different groups within the CDC fanbase.  You will see different groups speak up loudest when something happens that they aren't in favour of.  So it's not that we can't make up our mind, it's just that you are hearing from different people. 

Might as well change our slogan from WE ARE ALL CANUCKS .. too.. WE ARE ALL DIVIDED!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Might as well change our slogan from WE ARE ALL CANUCKS .. too.. WE ARE ALL DIVIDED!

People are allowed to have opinions. If they are wrong you can make fun of them.

Every single sports fan base is the same. There are people who have individual thought, while some succumb to groupthink. Sometimes they’re right, sometimes they’re wrong. If you’re suggesting that “we are all canucks” should mean “everyone should blindly support everything the team does without original thought,” then I strongly disagree with you. That’s called groupthink and I posted a lot about it last night.

Edited by Grape
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Exactly OP!!

In the end Madden cost us a 3rd round pick.  He could be a good pro in 2-3 years.  He maybe would be our 4th line center by then.  He has a better shot in LA and Tiffoli is a gamer.  

What player wouldn't want a shot at Petey's wing or Bo's for that matter.  LA was a sinking ship and now he is on one of the most exciting and upcoming teams in the NHL.  

I think this move happens with or without Brock hurt.  Ferland has more jam, but scoring depth is key.  Great move IMO and a ballsy one too.  

• Cheers 1

It's great to have differing opinions. What I hate is that instead of having a little patients to see how everything actually works out, some beat their chest and scream their hatred over and over in EVERY thread. After reading the same crap in every thread one gets a little confused as to which thread they're in. Express your opinion, don't have to repeat it everywhere. By the way, I like this trade for our future.

Edited by 180sret

37 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Hello,

Ive been a long time canucks fan all my life, and still dont get what those canuck Fans want from JIM BENNING smh. Of course we want our 1st cup in franchise history, but reading thru CDC there are fans who are actual mad about the TOFFOLI trade, like really ? Cmon ppl!

JB trading for Miller was money ! He hit a home run on that trade, and paying that high of a price for Toffoli means JB believes he can re-sign him.

I actually love the trade, this team needs the players surrounding the young core who has won cups and have experience in playoffs, I see in JBs plan that this trade does actually fill in that need for the young cores development. They need that playoff experience. In no way i think canucks are cup contenders but I do think this team has what it takes to make the playoffs. 

Yall complain about lack of movement JB is doing, and once he does something those canuck fans complain, “OH MY GOD HE TRADED OUR FUTURE MADDEN NOOO FIRE JIMBO!” , “JIMBO TRADED WAY TO MUCH FOR A RENTAL OH MY GOD THAT EFFIN IDIOT !” 

LOOK stop complaining, do you guys want to see our young players develop or not ? Like WTH is wrong you guys? this is the next step in the future of our young core.. how many prospects we need ? We have so many great prospects up and coming and they will not have a spot on the main roster when ready, which will take 2-3 years more.

Madden is going to a team where he will have a chance to play his game, he did not have room to play on the canucks and we dont know his potential in the NHL.

We still have the one of the best prospect pools in the NHL and im ok with letting Madden go.

Horvat, Petey, Gaudette will be our 3 top centers going forward.

so you see canuck fans, we have been rebuilding for too long, 5 years now, its time to stop being a hater in JB and believe what hes doing, he wants this team to succeed and by doing that he will add assets around the core to help them develop that winning culture on the team, we cant be rebuilding forever , we have all the pieces to be a dynasty team.

I agree with your Canuck fan comments...

Look at Miller trade? Omg fans were going crazy and how has this trade turned out? Miller is 26, 6'1 power forward, leader, top 3 forward, produces point and can play centre or wing along with good contract..Have to give up something like 1st rounder to get a Miller...Fantastic trade...

I like Madden but Last year we drafted 2 very good wingers that will be better pros then Madden..

We will be fine and we will get some draft picks back soon enough..

Demko or Markstrom, one of these goalies will be traded and return will be fantastic....Return 1st rounder and good prospect..

Stetcher -- will be moved -- 3rd rounder and prospect...Rafferty and Juolevi are ready..

Boser could be moved....1st rounder and top prospect in return ----if they sign Toffoli..

I like move Benning made.... Leivo, Boser, Ferland  all finished for regular season....

Good trade Jim...

So many idiots out there it baffles me.

They're mad we acquired Toffoli for, quite honestly, the best case scenario.

Madden looks promising, but that's it.

Doesn't mean he makes it to the NHL.

Doesn't mean he becomes a full time NHL forward.

Doesn't mean he even ends up signing with us.

Then they're mad because Benning announced Boeser will be out much longer than expected... 

Maybe that's why he acquired Toffoli? Lol.

Benning crushed it in my eyes.

Excellent trade.

The haters are just that. Haters.

Doesn't matter what Benning does, they're just miserable people.

• Upvote 2

Seems like a low risk trade to me.  Didn't sound like Madden had a place on the team...  I don't follow prospects, I'm just going from a lot of comments in the trade thread.  Even if we don't re-sign Toffoli the trade helped us move Schaller.  I'm a little worried about being able to re-sign him.  His wife has some (fairly small, my guess) measure of celebrity down here, so I'm not sure how open she is to moving.

But from a professional perspective, I would think he wants to stay.  Team is on the rise, with some good star players making names for themselves, and Toffoli is getting into his peak years.  Good path for another SC for him :towel:

1 hour ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Hello,

Ive been a long time canucks fan all my life, and still dont get what those canuck Fans want from JIM BENNING smh. Of course we want our 1st cup in franchise history, but reading thru CDC there are fans who are actual mad about the TOFFOLI trade, like really ? Cmon ppl!

JB trading for Miller was money ! He hit a home run on that trade, and paying that high of a price for Toffoli means JB believes he can re-sign him.

I actually love the trade, this team needs the players surrounding the young core who has won cups and have experience in playoffs, I see in JBs plan that this trade does actually fill in that need for the young cores development. They need that playoff experience. In no way i think canucks are cup contenders but I do think this team has what it takes to make the playoffs. 

Yall complain about lack of movement JB is doing, and once he does something those canuck fans complain, “OH MY GOD HE TRADED OUR FUTURE MADDEN NOOO FIRE JIMBO!” , “JIMBO TRADED WAY TO MUCH FOR A RENTAL OH MY GOD THAT EFFIN IDIOT !” 

LOOK stop complaining, do you guys want to see our young players develop or not ? Like WTH is wrong you guys? this is the next step in the future of our young core.. how many prospects we need ? We have so many great prospects up and coming and they will not have a spot on the main roster when ready, which will take 2-3 years more.

Madden is going to a team where he will have a chance to play his game, he did not have room to play on the canucks and we dont know his potential in the NHL.

We still have the one of the best prospect pools in the NHL and im ok with letting Madden go.

Horvat, Petey, Gaudette will be our 3 top centers going forward.

so you see canuck fans, we have been rebuilding for too long, 5 years now, its time to stop being a hater in JB and believe what hes doing, he wants this team to succeed and by doing that he will add assets around the core to help them develop that winning culture on the team, we cant be rebuilding forever , we have all the pieces to be a dynasty team.

I don't see many people complaining except you.

• Cheers 1

Benning's on 650 right now.

As for TT....feels we have 7 "up & coming/in the system" + 7 young players in the system now....so 25 and under players 2/3 of the team. Pool is deep enough to do this.

(Podz, Hog, Lind Juolevi, Woo, Rafferty, DiP?)

Knowing that we got TT to keep in the playoff race makes a lot of sense to me. Benning and Green have said repeatedly how much young players learn in the playoffs, and without another scorer to replace Bess we may not see the post-season. Even as it is, we need to pick it up a little.

I'm fine with this trade, as well as what Benning was trying to do in other recent trades and signings. Yes, Ferland and Leivo are both out as well which hurts a lot, but I think the idea and direction was the right one.

One thing that does concern me is that we have yet another player we will have to make cap room for if we want to re-sign him. I have no idea where we are going to be getting that cap space, and now more than ever Benning better follow up on the fact he said he has a plan and is not concerned about the cap space.