The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wild @ Nucks - Feb 19 2020 - 7:30pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

22 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Here - go for it

Boesser + OJ+ Stecher + 1st (2020 or 2021) + for gadjo for Ristoleienen and Reinhart

Boom, cup ready

Miller Pete Toffoli

Pearson Reinhart Virtanen

Roussel Horvat Gaudette

Beagle Sutter Motte 

Edler Myers

Hughes Tanev

Benn Ristoleinen

substitute Eichel and Skinner for Risto and Reinhart then maybe ..Lol... 

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We need all our players to play hard on and off pucks.  We need them all to do the crappy things without the puck that are no fun and might even hurt.  We have been playing passive, almost afraid hockey for quite a while now.  If it continues, how long before the Green Machine is on the hot seat?  

Team effort?....you mean its not about one top 6 forward....team effort thats crazy talk.

1844EA64-FE07-4269-B995-E140CC76983A.jpeg

Edited by HockeyHarry

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Since when are Tennessee Hillbillies inbred?  

Not sure, the Ozarks are Missouri/Arkansas

I was speaking more to the movie reference where it was inferred that the mountain hillbillies, that raped the overweight man at gunpoint while he squealed like a pig, were inbred.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, J-23 said:

If we need a temporary enforce why not Ross Johnston. Big guy, 13th forward, can fight. Plus won’t cost us any picks or prospects.

I wish we could get a guy like that.  Hes pretty scary and probably wouldnt cost nearly as much as Simmonds.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Darius said:

I wish we could get a guy like that.  Hes pretty scary and probably wouldnt cost nearly as much as Simmonds.  

Why on earth would we trade for yet another forward, and one that would sit in the press box all year and wouldn't even be allowed in the dressing room during the playoffs?

6 minutes ago, Darius said:

Had a pretty even fight with Reaves sometime back. 

I just don’t like the idea of giving up a good prospect for Simmonds.

• Cheers 3

12 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Why on earth would we trade for yet another forward, and one that would sit in the press box all year and wouldn't even be allowed in the dressing room during the playoffs?

This is not just another forward - kid can probably challenge Ryan Reaves for toughest guy in the league. He would  probably come relativelycheap and you dress him when you have to.  A much better option than Simmonds who would cost us a better prospect.

Edited by Darius
  • Cheers 2

Just now, J-23 said:

Had a pretty even fight with Reaves sometime back. 

I just don’t like the idea of giving up a good prospect for Simmonds.

I saw highlights from a game he played vs Washington and he had Wilson on the run....seemingly wanted nothing to do with him....

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Not sure, the Ozarks are Missouri/Arkansas

I was speaking more to the movie reference where it was inferred that the mountain hillbillies, that raped the overweight man at gunpoint while he squealed like a pig, were inbred.

Oh. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Darius said:

This is not just another forward - kid can probably challenge Ryan Reaves for toughest guy in the league. He would  probably come relativelycheap and you dress him when you have to.  A much better option than Simmonds who would cost us a better prospect and committed cap space.

Lol, Okay, I follow the NHL pretty closely but I actually had to look this dude up. 31 games this year, 17 & 24 before that, healthy scratch ... 4 points. No thanks, maybe in the past years but we have guys like MacEwen, Loui, Sutter. and even Boeser, that need to find a place to play. The 3 or so fights he may get in before playoff hockey starts is not worth it. He 100% wouldn't be playing in the playoffs, he's no Ryan Reeves.

If he's dirt cheap though I have no objections as there is no roster limit. Better than paying anything for Simmonds. So yeah, I guess get er done JB, although I can't really see Green dressing a puncher to exact redemption at the expense of two points.

Edited by Gawdzukes