The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wild @ Nucks - Feb 19 2020 - 7:30pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Lol, Okay, I follow the NHL pretty closely but I actually had to look this dude up. 31 games this year, 17 & 24 before that, healthy scratch ... 4 points. No thanks, maybe in the past years but we have guys like MacEwen, Loui, Sutter. and even Boeser, that need to find a place to play. The 3 or fights he may get in before playoff hockey starts is not worth it. He 100% wouldn't be playing in the playoffs, he's no Ryan Reeves.

The whole point is for him to be a 13th forward, temporary tough guy like Simmonds.

Nobody wants to give up any prospects for Simmonds, not worth it.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

Lol, Okay, I follow the NHL pretty closely but I actually had to look this dude up. 31 games this year, 17 & 24 before that, healthy scratch ... 4 points. No thanks, maybe in the past years but we have guys like MacEwen, Loui, Sutter. and even Boeser, that need to find a place to play. The 3 or fights he may get in before playoff hockey starts is not worth it. He 100% wouldn't be playing in the playoffs, he's no Ryan Reeves.

Honestly, I wasnt aware of the guy until someone in here pointed him out a few weeks ago.  

Why is he no ryan Reaves?  Reaves has 10 points this year in twice as many games?   I agree that he will be healthy scratched off and on, but dont you think there is any merritt to having a player like that on your bench when you play a team like Anaheim or Washington who just like to run you through the rink?

Why does Las Vegas bother having Reaves in the lineup?  They had him dressed throughout the playoffs....he had like 2 points in 21  regular season games for them in that year they did well in the playoffs

• Cheers 1