The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wild @ Nucks - Feb 19 2020 - 7:30pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

1 minute ago, Jam126 said:

This roster should be a playoff roster. This system we're running is not a sustainable one, and Travis seems like he's way too soft on these guys. We need a coach like Gallant, Laviolette or someone who has experience and knows a thing or two about systems and handling players.

When you have Benn, Myers AND Stecher all in your top 6 D, you are not necessarily a playoff roster

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Horvat does things?

He just drew a penalty, been fore-checking hard that entire period and setting up plays. Makes one bad play at the blueline and I guess it wipes everything else out 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Jam126 said:

This roster should be a playoff roster. This system we're running is not a sustainable one, and Travis seems like he's way too soft on these guys. We need a coach like Gallant, Laviolette or someone who has experience and knows a thing or two about systems and handling players.

I agree. Green is a great development coach, who can see diamonds in the rough. He’s not going to be able to ready this team for the playoffs and guide them once they get in. I just can’t see it. 

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

What has happened to Virtanen? He is so inconsistent.

I see there are a number of people including you - that are not intoxicated tonight and seeing exactly what is going on.  Thanks to all of you posting about Jake's lazy play again tonight.  He needs to be called out and told that one game with effort out of 7 or 8 doesn't cut it.    Verdicts still out on this guy and whether he survives another season or they finally give-up on him and package him up as a"work in progress" to another team for a draft pick or two.   

• Wat 2

1 minute ago, rychicken said:

When you have Benn, Myers AND Stecher all in your top 6 D, you are not necessarily a playoff roster

The Leafs had total GARBAGE as their D in 2016-17 and they made the playoffs. We have Hughes as well. The D is still a problem but it shouldn't be this bad. I believe this is a system issue.

• Cheers 1