The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wild @ Nucks - Feb 19 2020 - 7:30pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

1 minute ago, Squamfan said:

Someone please take the phone away from benning before he destroys Brackets prospect pool

Read in another thread it’s Aquilini pushing JB to get players he likes.  This could get really ugly.  Can you see Aquilini forcing JB to trade for PK and Simmonds?  

18 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Green uses Horvat's line as a match up line. Unfortunately for us, Eriksson's defensive game is better than Boeser, Virtanen et al in that regard so he gets plunked there.

When Boeser gets healthy, hopefully it puts an end to it but I think people are being willfully obtuse by not 'understanding' the reasoning for playing Eriksson there.

Ok, using your theory, TT should be better or at least equal to LE's defensive skills so why not put him with Bo and Pearson and put Jake with Miller and Petey? They were producing when Jake played there and it provided Petey with a little more protection. What a concept hey? Petey getting a little more protection.

Offense doesn't suffer and defense doesn't suffer.

No matter how much you want to sugar coat it, LE is NOT a top six player and Bo and Pearson are legit top 6 players.

LE is a 4th liner, end of story......and that's pushing it. :lol:

Edited by EdgarM
  • Like 2

Just now, EdgarM said:

Ok, using your theory, TT should be better or at least equal to LE's defensive skills so why not put him with Bo and Pearson and put Jake with Miller and Petey? They were producing when Jake played there and it provided Petey with a little more protection. What a concept hey? Petey getting a little more protection.

No matter how much you want to sugar coat it, LE is NOT a top six player and Bo and Pearson are legit top 6 players.

LE is a 4th liner, end of story.

This is all on Green.  If we continue to play poorly (have been bleeding shots and getting killed on possession for quite a while now) how long before Green is gone?  JB is clearly all in on getting into the playoffs.  Will our owner get involved and insist on a new coach? 

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

LE is a 4th liner, end of story.

Because they (at least initially) want TT to replace Boeser's offensive production with Petey and Miller, not be playing match up.

Again, if Boeser was healthy, we likely see TT on Horvat's line..until then though...

Also think Green likes Virtanen on Gaud's line...tends to bring energy, size etc to that line, afford him easier match ups etc.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Chickenspear said:

If it were a good defensive prospect going to NJ, I would accept no less than loui going with him.

Oh yeah, not for a good one! I'm not shipping any of Juolevi, Rathbone etc. They want Utunen or something for taking Baer, sure.

Beisdes, that was just Rick postulating, there's zero evidence Benning is actually shopping D prospects.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Chickenspear said:

If it were a good defensive prospect going to NJ, I would accept no less than loui going with him.

And the emptying of our prospect cupboards in order to dump foolishly signed contracts begins.  Think if Schaller doesn’t go in the Tofu deal think our second is gone?  

9 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Someone please take the phone away from benning before he destroys Brackets prospect pool

Pleae don't trade any of the above D prospect, especially not Woo, Juolevi and Rathbone. We have a very shallow pool of D prospects, even though we have a lot of names. Most of these players are guarantee top-4 or even top-6 NHLers.

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Oh yeah, not for a good one! I'm not shipping any of Juolevi, Rathbone etc. They want Utunen or something for taking Baer, sure.

Beisdes, that was just Rick postulating, there's zero evidence Benning is actually shopping D prospects.

Friedman also suggesting prospects not necessarily D.  From his 31 thoughts:

I do think the Canucks still would consider adding a Wayne Simmonds, but that’s more difficult without a 2020 first- or second-rounder. 

“I don’t foresee us trading any more picks,” Benning said, adding he’d consider something with other prospects. What the Toffoli move tells us, however, is he’s going to try.

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Because they (at least initially) want TT to replace Boeser's offensive production with Petey and Miller, not be playing match up.

Again, if Boeser was healthy, we likely see TT on Horvat's line..until then though...

Also think Green likes Virtanen on Gaud's line...tends to bring energy, size etc to that line, afford him easier match ups etc.

Boesers offensive production? He was playing on the third line!!!! Petey and Miller were producing just as much with Jake on that line and to be honest, they don't need any help they do just fine on their own production wise. The only ones that suffered offensively were Boes and Jake when they were forced to play on the struggling 3rd line.

In reality, Rouss and Gaud should be sitting a game or two as they both have been hot and cold lately.Throw McEwen on that line if you want "to bring energy, size to that line".

Travis Green, is that you ?:lol:

2 minutes ago, mll said:

I do think the Canucks still would consider adding a Wayne Simmonds, but that’s more difficult without a 2020 first- or second-rounder. 

“I don’t foresee us trading any more picks,” Benning said, adding he’d consider something with other prospects. What the Toffoli move tells us, however, is he’s going to try.

First or second rounder for Simmonds!  :lol:

4 minutes ago, mll said:

Honestly, only way I see us adding Simmonds is if one of our cap dumps is going back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Boesers offensive production? He was playing on the third line!!!! Petey and Miller were producing just as much with Jake on that line and to be honest, they don't need any help they do just fine on their own production wise. The only ones that suffered offensively were Boes and Jake when they were forced to play on the struggling 3rd line.

In reality, Rouss and Gaud should be sitting a game or two as they both have been hot and cold lately.Throw McEwen on that line if you want "to bring energy, size to that line".

Travis Green, is that you ?:lol:

33 minutes ago, aGENT said:

but I think people are being willfully obtuse by not 'understanding' the reasoning for playing Eriksson there.