The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wild @ Nucks - Feb 19 2020 - 7:30pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And the emptying of our prospect cupboards in order to dump foolishly signed contracts begins.  Think if Schaller doesn’t go in the Tofu deal think our second is gone?  

possibly, top 6 forwards are usually in that range of 2nd + prospect/picks. If Schaller wasn't involved in that trade, the 2nd would probably become conditional. Toffoli doesn't resign, 2nd becomes a 4th, or something like that. Cupboards can always be restocked, and I have confidence in Benning's drafting ability outside of the top couple rounds.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Chickenspear said:

possibly, top 6 forwards are usually in that range of 2nd + prospect/picks. If Schaller wasn't involved in that trade, the 2nd would probably become conditional. Toffoli doesn't resign, 2nd becomes a 4th, or something like that. Cupboards can always be restocked, and I have confidence in Benning's drafting ability outside of the top couple rounds.

Timing of our prospects coming up to the big team is really important.  

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Bad feeling about tonight’s game.  Worried that Marky, now that JB publicly announced talks about a new contract have broken down, might lose focus.  He’s saving our butts every game!  

Disagree about marky. I believe that JB told it like it is and that Marky wants to focus on finishing the season. If so, that means he’s confident and fresh and feeling he can deal with the future later. 

• Cheers 2

31 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Ok, using your theory, TT should be better or at least equal to LE's defensive skills so why not put him with Bo and Pearson and put Jake with Miller and Petey? They were producing when Jake played there and it provided Petey with a little more protection. What a concept hey? Petey getting a little more protection.

Offense doesn't suffer and defense doesn't suffer.

No matter how much you want to sugar coat it, LE is NOT a top six player and Bo and Pearson are legit top 6 players.

LE is a 4th liner, end of story......and that's pushing it. :lol:

actually before Boeser was injured , Jake was put back on the third line cause he was not playing well, and when Boeser got hurt Jake was put back on the 1st but he was not great there, last game he was floating around a lot, sure he had a few shots on net but no hits, and we need Jake to finish his checks, he is a big guy, heck Pettersson even hits. Jake has done his best work on the 3rd line and PP2

4 minutes ago, J-P said:

Disagree about marky. I believe that JB told it like it is and that Marky wants to focus on finishing the season. If so, that means he’s confident and fresh and feeling he can deal with the future later. 

Why would a player, who could suffer injury at any moment, feel more comfortable with waiting to get his contract done?  Of course Marky is thinking about the security of a contract.  Tanev is thinking about his too.  So is Tofu.  All older players think about their security.  An injury at the wrong time (when an older player is approaching UFA status) will cost that guy millions.  

Im hoping Marky plays lights out still too, but accept he will be burdened by contract worries.  

30 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Bad feeling about tonight’s game.  Worried that Marky, now that JB publicly announced talks about a new contract have broken down, might lose focus.  He’s saving our butts every game!  

The guy was stealing games when his father was passing away, I think hell be alright haha

• Huggy Bear 1

13 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Typical.

Willfully obtuse? Unwilling to comprehend rational beyond their own narrow focus? 

Quick! Call me a Green nut-hugger or a Benning bro to complete the sequence :rolleyes:

So.... if you would like to converse in some kind of meaningful dialogue instead of trying to belittle me because your thoughts differ from mine, why don't you tell me why my "theories" are wrong? I countered your arguments and you basically said I was wrong with no explanation.

I think you could probably do a little better then that, unless your ego will not allow you to. ::D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, bree2 said:

actually before Boeser was injured , Jake was put back on the third line cause he was not playing well, and when Boeser got hurt Jake was put back on the 1st but he was not great there, last game he was floating around a lot, sure he had a few shots on net but no hits, and we need Jake to finish his checks, he is a big guy, heck Pettersson even hits. Jake has done his best work on the 3rd line and PP2

Why do you keep bringing this up as if one mediocre game in a stretch of like 15 great ones that Jake had justified his demotion? 

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

So.... if you would like to converse in some kind of meaningful dialogue instead of trying to belittle me because your thoughts differ from mine, why don't you tell me why my "theories" are wrong? I countered your arguments and you basically said I was wrong with no explanation.

I think you could probably do a little better then that, unless your ego will not allow you to. ::D

Already did. I don't have a stutter, no need to repeat myself.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, bree2 said:

Haha your love for Boes is outrageous!  Jake was almost producing a point per game when he was on that line and both his and Boes's point production suffered when they were put back on the 3rd line. You gotta take off those "Boeser Blinders" off every once in awhile there Bree.:lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Already did. I don't have a stutter, no need to repeat myself.

OK, I said TT was just as good as LE "DEFENSIVELY" if not better(more offense to boot as well) and so he should be playing with Pearson and Bo.  You countered by saying something about Boes's offense blah blah blah.

So, what is your answer and reasoning of having LE playing on that line as opposed to TT?

Look at Millers and Peteys point production, it did not suffer when Boes was replaced with Jake so that cannot be your answer, sorry.

Remember, before LE made it to Bo's line he was riding the pine in the press box. So is that where we are resting our top 6 players now too? ::D

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Read in another thread it’s Aquilini pushing JB to get players he likes.  This could get really ugly.  Can you see Aquilini forcing JB to trade for PK and Simmonds?  

If the deal is centered around LE, Baer and Stecher for PK (retained to match LE) and Simmonds, then I'll consider that. Of course we would have to add a prospect or two to make it worthwhile for them. Although I wouldn't do this if the handshake agreement with LE that you are guaranteeing is true.

• Like 1