The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wild @ Nucks - Feb 19 2020 - 7:30pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

9 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

OK, I said TT was just as good as LE "DEFENSIVELY" if not better(more offense to boot as well) and so he should be playing with Pearson and Bo.  You countered by saying something about Boes's offense blah blah blah.

So, what is your answer and reasoning of having LE playing on that line as opposed to TT?

Look at Millers and Peteys point production, it did not suffer when Boes was replaced with Jake so that cannot be your answer, sorry.

Remember, before LE made it to Bo's line he was riding the pine in the press box. So is that where we are resting our top 6 players now too? ::D

As I already said, they want TT to focus on offense. At least to start.

I did not post anything resembling 'blah, blah'.

There's always the possibility, hell likelihood,  Eriksson gets demoted/sat depending on opponent, in game play, match ups etc and Virtanen gets boosted up to Petey's line/TT to Horvat's. But to completely disregard the lineup as is as Green's default, 'baseline' lineup that he knows exactly what he'll get, and exactly how it will work, with Loui on Horvat's line in a match up role, is being willfully obtuse.

It's not written in stone, it can and will change. Take a breath man before you rile yourself in to a manic 'fire Green' tirade.

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Haha your love for Boes is outrageous!  Jake was almost producing a point per game when he was on that line and both his and Boes's point production suffered when they were put back on the 3rd line. You gotta take off those "Boeser Blinders" off every once in awhile there Bree.:lol:

Ha Ha I could say the same for you about Jake, , I'm pretty sure Green agrees with me since Jake is back on the 3rd line as for Boeser he is injured  , I was talking more about Jake, and where he got most of his points, but I guess your love of Jake blinds you! 

Edited by bree2

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

As I already said, they want TT to focus on offense. At least to start.

I did not post anything resembling 'blah, blah'.

There's always the possibility, hell likelihood,  Eriksson gets demoted/sat depending on opponent, in game play, match ups etc and Virtanen gets boosted up to Petey's line/TT to Horvat's. But to completely disregard the lineup as is as Green's default, 'baseline' lineup that he knows exactly what he'll get, and exactly how it will work, with Loui on Horvat's line in a match up role, is being willfully obtuse.

It's not written in stone, it can and will change. Take a breath man before you rile yourself in to a manic 'fire Green' tirade.

I am actually mostly am agreeable to TG and have nothing against the man. I understand he is no veteran NHL coach and that shows sometimes. I am also pretty calm and don't get riled up, just interested in some meaningful discussion regarding my favorite team.

I get the defensive assets LE posseses and how he helps out as part of the "shutdown" line. However, we also have a 4th line which their primary job should be to shut down the oppositions top line as well. The 2nd line should primarily be for secondary scoring. Too bad for Bo that he is so good at defense , so he is thrown into double duty.

SO if I was to IMPROVE upon LE I would look for someone who has just as much defensive skill AND some offense, since that is part of their job too is to produce goals.

With all of this, TG has to develop his young players into regular NHLers. Does Boeser or Jake LEARN from playing with a rookie center in Gaud?

If LE is so great defensively, why doesn't he get utilized in helping out that 4th line with their defensive duties then?

Its funny though because by the end of the game TG puts Jake with Miller and Petey and its odd that the Coach is doing that almost every game. Its like he is second guessing himself.

Anyway that is my opinion, and if you don't like it, you are welcome to express your own without trying to belittle others who think differently. Thanks

9 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Virtanen being punished for trying harder and being more productive this season the LE's last 4 combined

Hes not being punished lol. They want to give toffoli a place to succeed at first and Eriksson has been playing well with Bo and Pearson, besides Jake has had a great year and hes had success with Gaudette.

And we all know that the line blender will start soon enough anyway

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Hes not being punished lol. They want to give toffoli a place to succeed at first and Eriksson has been playing well with Bo and Pearson, besides Jake has had a great year and hes had success with Gaudette.

And we all know that the line blender will start soon enough anyway

10 points in 40 games, 3 or 4 of those being empty net involved, doesnt count as "good' for a top 6 forward in my books

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

The Level of frustration has gotten high in Montreal. Chris (knuckles) Nilan has been suggesting all morning on radio that if Detroit gets the number one pick in the draft this year. Bergevin should go to Yzerman and offer all eleven of their picks this year for the number one pick, so they can draft LaFreniere.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I am actually mostly am agreeable to TG and have nothing against the man. I understand he is no veteran NHL coach and that shows sometimes. I am also pretty calm and don't get riled up, just interested in some meaningful discussion regarding my favorite team.

I get the defensive assets LE posseses and how he helps out as part of the "shutdown" line. However, we also have a 4th line which their primary job should be to shut down the oppositions top line as well. The 2nd line should primarily be for secondary scoring. Too bad for Bo that he is so good at defense , so he is thrown into double duty.

SO if I was to IMPROVE upon LE I would look for someone who has just as much defensive skill AND some offense, since that is part of their job too is to produce goals.

With all of this, TG has to develop his young players into regular NHLers. Does Boeser or Jake LEARN from playing with a rookie center in Gaud?

If LE is so great defensively, why doesn't he get utilized in helping out that 4th line with their defensive duties then?

Its funny though because by the end of the game TG puts Jake with Miller and Petey and its odd that the Coach is doing that almost every game. Its like he is second guessing himself.

Anyway that is my opinion, and if you don't like it, you are welcome to express your own without trying to belittle others who think differently. Thanks

I dont like LE playing top 6, I've made it pretty clear... if hes still on the team for his "defensive prowess", he should be with one of the supposed shutdown centers we specifically picked up - Beagle/Sutter

But if Jake has to demoted, and little things HAS to be on our top 6 (hopefully trying to showcase him b4 deadline tbh) then I'd rather see Macewan or Bailey with Gaudette-Virt, go balls out to get some more secondary scoring instead of these frankenstein 2nd/3rd lines. Roussell has been invisible, downright bad lately. Maybe a couple games in the suites will wake him up.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, ruilin96 said:

Pleae don't trade any of the above D prospect, especially not Woo, Juolevi and Rathbone. We have a very shallow pool of D prospects, even though we have a lot of names. Most of these players are guarantee top-4 or even top-6 NHLers.

Guarantee? Nothing is a guarantee with prospects.

It's likely only 1-3 of them amount to anything. That's just the general probability of hitting on prospects.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

And clearly you know how better to think like a 'veteran NHL coach'.

Most teams have two lines that play some level of 'match up'. One is generally a hard, primarily defensive 3rd or 4th line. The other is generally a top 6, 2-way line (Horvat's). Exactly what we have. Not in fact 'primarily secondary scoring'.Their defensive/match up work is as, if not more, important as any offense they provide.

Are you actually calling in to question Green's ability to develop youth?! :lol: That's arguably his greatest asset!

Generally when Loui (frequently) gets demoted, that's exactly where he does play FWIW. You'll note he's pretty much, exclusively, on one of the two match up lines.

WHAAAAAAT?!! Coach's move players around and rearrange their lines in-game??!?!!! :shock: What kind of voodoo sorcery is this you speak of!?

:lol:

You know how coaches always talk about 'consistency' as one of the key attributes to becoming a bonafide NHL player? Why do you think that is?

IMO, it's so that when they put a line out there, they know pretty damn well what they're going to get out on the ice 9 out of 10 times. That's why Green has his default, 'baseline' lineup with Loui alongside Horvat and Pearson. So that 9 out of 10 times they go out, he knows EXACTLY what he's going to get and hence when and how to play/deploy them and against who, in what situations etc.

Now depending on game, opponent, who does/doesn't have legs, score, situation etc, etc, etc he can and will change that up. That's not second guessing, that's coaching. But of course, being a veteran NHL coach, you'd know better, right?