The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Stecher might be on the market

HerrDrFunk

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Gaudette plus Stecher for Ristolainen?

The Madden trade to me indicates they have no plan on trading Gaudette.

We don’t have a ton of center depth now and Gaudette has shown he can handle the third line center spot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

The draft pick hard on people have never ends. Stecher is old news. That 3rd round pick could he anything. Even a 3rd pairing d-man 5 years from now :frantic:

My favourite part, though, is that he “might be on the market.” Not “might be traded”, but might be available to be traded.

No sh*t, he’s on the market. He’s not an elite player. Unless you’re the cornerstone in your position to a franchise, then everyone is pretty much “on the market.” 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Monty said:

My favourite part, though, is that he “might be on the market.” Not “might be traded”, but might be available to be traded.

No sh*t, he’s on the market. He’s not an elite player. Unless you’re the cornerstone in your position to a franchise, then everyone is pretty much “on the market.” 

I honestly think it's just a ploy to drum up interest on deadline day. Since most of the deals get done a week or two before then. Now they can add Stecher to their "trade board" and have something to talk about. Lol. And the draft pick hoarding crowd can be like "see, TSN says he's on the market. Now we can get a 2nd rounder, a 3rd and move Eriksson's contract with Stecher".

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

1st July 1st after he turns 26.  

Not next summer, the summer after...

I could be wrong here but I thought I recalled some loophole that we own his rights indefinitely... Maybe it's just brain overload :lol: 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I could be wrong here but I thought I recalled some loophole that we own his rights indefinitely... Maybe it's just brain overload :lol: 

No you’re right. In fact I heard we own any unborn children he may have, including any sperm he may have donated recently or dirty thought he may have.

• Haha 3

Just now, Vanisleryan said:

No you’re right. In fact I heard we own any unborn children he may have, including any sperm he may have donated recently or dirty thought he may have.

No, but seriously, I seem to have a hazy recollection of that coming up when he left. As long as he was in the K, we owned his NHL rights. 

I could very well be wrong but I do seem to recall something along those lines.

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

No, but seriously, I seem to have a hazy recollection of that coming up when he left. As long as he was in the K, we owned his NHL rights. 

I could very well be wrong but I do seem to recall something along those lines.

I’m not sure why you think my post wasn’t serious, but yeah you could be right.

• Haha 1