The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Stecher might be on the market

HerrDrFunk

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

yeah. totally agree. this is a very green team. with not a lot of experience for the postseason. they  have some veterans, but still. 

i'd be surprised if this team won a playoff round, let alone 2. 

All depends on who they face.

This is a playoff type of team. Can easily win a couple of rounds. I wouldn't be surprised if they make it to round 3. Any thing more is be a bit surprised but I can easily see them win 2 rounds. 

Boeser and Lievo coming in healthy for playoffs make this team so deep. If Ferland was health then even deeper and 2 rounds would be expected. That would have added heaviness to the bottom 6. Would have been a huge difference ..

Hopefully stecher can be packaged for a heavy tough 3rd pair D. Need to add toughness and upgrade the D 

32 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Reporter for the Province. Probably not overly reliable, but this is apparently out there 

edit. Never mind. I see this has been addressed already 

If Gaudette is a piece going out,  it had better be a younger D with term coming in.

Severson

Simmonds

for 

Gaudette

Baertschi

Juolevi

Edited by Provost
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 2

1 minute ago, Provost said:

If Gaudette is a piece going out,  it had better be a younger D with term coming in.

Severson

Simmonds

for 

Gaudette

Baertschi

Juolevi

Gaudette is not going anywhere. That's just some guy throwing crap at the wall hoping something sticks.  

• Cheers 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, rekker said:

If JB trades Woo for Simmonds I will lose my $&!#. Just, no.

Jim Benning will not give up more then a 6th rounder for Simmond...

Simmond - Van ----- ( Beartchi and 6th rounder )

Simmond is slow now so his value is down as his speed is not there anymore..

Rather play MacEwen 6'4, 215, has speed on forecheck and that is what we are missing....

Benning will never trade Woo for Simmond... Never never

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Think a team might take Stecher as a rental?  If so, (maybe?) he’s worth a second. 

I think so, Young  right side d with good underlying numbers.  With that being said I think we can replace him without too much trouble, save the cap space and add the 2’nd. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

Severson

Simmonds

for 

Gaudette

Baertschi

Juolevi

Insert Puke emoji.

If ?Gaud is being traded I could see him going to ?Buffalo for Ristolainen.  They need a young centre who can play behind Eichel.  I’ve heard Dumba talk too, but Risto is trending up, while Dumba is trending down.  

Stecher is such a gamer. Honestly I'd love to see him with us in the playoffs. I think he'd really play above his size and ability in those types of games.

I'd much rather we stand pat on D and replace Benn/Fanta with Tryamkin if possible. If that's not possible, might as well trade tryamkin's rights + a B prospect for a #5 Dman with size who can slot into our bottom pair with stetch. Would give us 4 top 4 dmen and two #5's on our bottom pair imo. That's the kind of defensive depth we had in 2011.

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

All depends on who they face.

This is a playoff type of team. Can easily win a couple of rounds. I wouldn't be surprised if they make it to round 3. Any thing more is be a bit surprised but I can easily see them win 2 rounds. 

Boeser and Lievo coming in healthy for playoffs make this team so deep. If Ferland was health then even deeper and 2 rounds would be expected. That would have added heaviness to the bottom 6. Would have been a huge difference ..

Hopefully stecher can be packaged for a heavy tough 3rd pair D. Need to add toughness and upgrade the D 

No promises that Boeser and Leivo are back for the playoffs, right? 

Isn't Brock being evaluated after 8 weeks?

Just now, brian42 said:

I think so, Young  right side d with good underlying numbers.  With that being said I think we can replace him without too much trouble, save the cap space and add the 2’nd. 

With the Gaud whispers, would JB do Gaud + Stecher for Risto + a second? 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

My bet is teams asking on him but not Canucks shopping. Wouldn’t make sense to trade him after Madden trade and our cap situation, he’s cheap and I think he can still be re-signed for another relatively cheap contract (hopefully 2 or more years). 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, wildcam said:

Jim Benning will not give up more then a 6th rounder for Simmond...

Simmond - Van ----- ( Beartchi and 6th rounder )

Simmond is slow now so his value is down as his speed is not there anymore..

Rather play MacEwen 6'4, 215, has speed on forecheck and that is what we are missing....

Benning will never trade Woo for Simmond... Never never

I would think that Baerstchi would have to be part of any deal going the other way, if we were to acquire Simmonds.

Baerstchi, 6th for Simmonds and 2 million retained sounds really fair.

NJ gets a late pick and a guy who can help them offensively, right now.

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Insert Puke emoji.

If ?Gaud is being traded I could see him going to ?Buffalo for Ristolainen.  They need a young centre who can play behind Eichel.  I’ve heard Dumba talk too, but Risto is trending up, while Dumba is trending down.  

No trading Gaudette, He is very important young player for future and he plays centre...

Rather trade Boser and  sign Toffoli to replace Boser goals...

Age 23 Boser  Minn -- -- 26 age,  Dumba & 3rd rounder..Van

Edited by wildcam
  • Wat 1
  • Huggy Bear 1