The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who would you welcome back?

CBH1926

Who would you like to see back?  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

@Harvey Spector for sure.  Pure entertainment.  

There was another poster in the off topic last fall, who wrote volumes from a very argumentative point of view.  Super arrogant tone to every post too.  Forgot his name, but liked his stuff, even though I didn’t understand it.  

I didn't agree with @canuckistani often but his posts definitely followed a trail of thought, the same could not be said of Harvey who was going off of what he saw on Twitter/4chan. I learned a fair bit from the former's posts. The only upside to having Harvey here is you would learn about what the crazies were talking about, baby's blood, Pizza gate, people shooting out of helicopters, etc.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, toffoli said:

I protest the poll. Firstly, Sabrefan just left because he's turning conservative and got fed up with the lefty talk here. Secondly, how can clam get any votes when Harvey and La bamba are in the poll and you're only allowed one vote! Even I had to vote for Harvey.

Oh well... As long as clam got @Ryan Strome and @Cerridwen :Pon the team...I guess that's all that matters. 

@SabreFan1 was fairly guarded about his views. I don't think he was suddenly seeing conservatism in a new light. I think he made it clear that he took issue with the cult like following the left and right have built up in the US and was adamant against being one of the sheep in the flock. If he would have stuck around I think he would have posted his ballot here, I would bet it would be third party again. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Toews said:

@SabreFan1 was fairly guarded about his views. I don't think he was suddenly seeing conservatism in a new light. I think he made it clear that he took issue with the cult like following the left and right have built up in the US and was adamant against being one of the sheep in the flock. If he would have stuck around I think he would have posted his ballot here, I would bet it would be third party again. 

True it is only my opinion that he was feeling internal conflict because his views were turning conservative and he didn't want to accept he was turning into his father (rest of his family).

• Huggy Bear 2

8 minutes ago, Toews said:

I didn't agree with @canuckistani often but his posts definitely followed a trail of thought, the same could not be said of Harvey who was going off of what he saw on Twitter/4chan. I learned a fair bit from the former's posts. The only upside to having Harvey here is you would learn about what the crazies were talking about, baby's blood, Pizza gate, people shooting out of helicopters, etc.

Harvey was only good for his real estate thread. He really knew his stuff.

Everything else I could do without. Perhaps his only redeeming quality was that he didn't get his knickers in a twist when proven wrong. He could be quite funny, though that may not have been a good thing, he seemed to have a following of Trumpers that loved his shiz disturbing. He admitted that he just liked to stir the pot, which is trolling so he should spend the rest of his time under the bridge of the banned.

Agree with you on canuckistani, he had reason and details for his opinions. He was thorough and well educated even if it was quite wacky. My favourite was the vegan debates. 

• Huggy Bear 2

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Harvey was only good for his real estate thread. He really knew his stuff.

Everything else I could do without. Perhaps his only redeeming quality was that he didn't get his knickers in a twist when proven wrong. He could be quite funny, though that may not have been a good thing, he seemed to have a following of Trumpers that loved his shiz disturbing. He admitted that he just liked to stir the pot, which is trolling so he should spend the rest of his time under the bridge of the banned.

Agree with you on canuckistani, he had reason and details for his opinions. He was thorough and well educated even if it was quite wacky. My favourite was the vegan debates. 

I stopped contributing to the murder of vegetables on account of @canuckistani.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, toffoli said:

True it is only my opinion that he was feeling internal conflict because his views were turning conservative and he didn't want to accept he was turning into his father (rest of his family).

Sabre was a weird one. I agree he got miffed in the Iran thread at the same time as that GDT.

What is weird is that he himself had admitted to teasing people and even once asked me why I cared what people online think. He was mistaken at the time, I wasn't riled, but for him to get upset like that made me want to ask him the same question. Didn't he once start a thread just to poke fun a lefties, or outrage culture?...can't remember exactly, I think it got shut down. 

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Sabre was a weird one. I agree he got miffed in the Iran thread at the same time as that GDT.

What is weird is that he himself had admitted to teasing people and even once asked me why I cared what people online think. He was mistaken at the time, I wasn't riled, but for him to get upset like that made me want to ask him the same question. Didn't he once start a thread just to poke fun a lefties, or outrage culture?...can't remember exactly, I think it got shut down. 

I firmly believe it was that Hughes was proving to be better than Dahlin that caused @SabreFan1 to stop coming here.  

10 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I don't think he would have started a thread like that. But maybe. He didn't like the sjw stuff but was definitely more democrat than republican maybe up until the time he left. Even then I'm sure he wasn't ready to admit it.  He wasn't happy with Canadian criticism of the US role in the middle east. 

Edited by toffoli
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, toffoli said:

I don't think he would have started a thread like that. But maybe. He didn't like the sjw stuff but was definitely more democrat than republican maybe up until the time he left. Even then I'm sure he wasn't ready to admit it.  He wasn't happy with Canadian criticism of the US role in the middle east. 

He did and I believe he admitted to starting the thread partially for the fun of it. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I firmly believe it was that Hughes was proving to be better than Dahlin that caused @SabreFan1 to stop coming here.  

I think if you ask most people who'd they'd rather have it would be Dahlin. That's no slack on Hughes but Dahlin was touted so high for a reason. Redraft he still goes 1st overall.

Dahlin somehow keeps improving at a rapid pace ever since his concussion and despite being on a crap shoot of a team. You'd think he wasn't 7 months younger than Hughes.

IMO he is the next Lidstrom. For his sake Buffalo needs to figure their $&!# out.

12 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Oh, that was canuckistani: the guy that was so triggered by vegans who feel morally superior superior because of their diet, he argued that plants have the same cognitive abilities as animals to make himself feel better. 

He also was super triggered by the transgender/gender neutral acceptance movement.. His argument against the genetics of it was that there wasn't a word for it in the Indian language and that matters because it is the oldest language still used. Gotta hand it to the guy though, he could write an essay when he got going.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2020 at 7:31 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

I must have missed that. Too bad. Hopefully, he decides to come back at some point. I don't want to go back to being the only Bills fan on the boards....

And since we're talking about people who just left, I'll throw a few out there:

@Ambulocetus

@This Devils Workday

@Flinch

@Uncle Bob

@Shambelle

@EmployeeoftheMonth

@Barbapple

@lick the envelope

....and just for all the great Fire Alain Vigneault arguments: @wallstreetamigo

Lol i missed you too