The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who would you welcome back?

CBH1926

Who would you like to see back?  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 2/20/2020 at 8:05 PM, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Speculation is that he passed away.

That's truly sad news if true.

We emailed back/forth a bit and then he didn't respond.  Thought maybe he was just disconnecting from it all.

RIP wise friend.

• Upvote 1

On 2/19/2020 at 10:38 PM, Kragar said:

I miss Mr Ambien, but Sabrefan1, being more recent, is missed more.

A number of people should be ashamed of their performance the day SF left.

why  should we be ashamed ?   he got himself all worked up and left  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, the grinder said:

Agreed.  I do feel for @SabreFan1 though.  Hughes is on our team, and proving he’s a phenom.  His team loses out in the draft again. First Eichel to McDavid and now Dahlin to Hughes.  It would have been hard for him to be here and reading about how great Hughes is, and knowing that his team screwed up and took the wrong D man.  

18 minutes ago, the grinder said:

He’s not the only fan of another team we (had) have trolling here.  Sabre has plenty of baited lines on our waters.  

17 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

Harv...What did Sabre Fan do besides being a fan of a sh!t arse team!?

SF is away voluntarily. He was treated poorly during GDT in the last Canucks-Sabres game, after debating what Sportsnet seemed to show was a Canuck goal that was disallowed.  Since he had a different feed, he had access to more angles before we did.  Turned out, he was right. 

Too many here didnt give him the benefit of the doubt.  Instead, things were said, in both directions, and he decided to take a break, perhaps permanently.

• Huggy Bear 3

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is that the same Pauser from the Dan Russel radio show?  I think He died several years ago.  

Nope.  Different person.  I don't know much about that other guy (other than he had this weird fixation of Craig Coxe lol).  But yeah, THAT guy (Pauser) passed away a number of years ago.

Speaking of Dan Russel....in his prime, I'd argue he had the best local sports talk radio show by a country mile.  Then he got bitter because the Canucks passed him over imho.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, the grinder said:

Because there was plenty of ignorance as part of that play.  Many of us saw what we wanted to, and when a respected member of out community, who happens to cheer for the other side, explained that we were not given all the views to show we were wrong, instead of waiting to see, many here attacked him.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Nope.  Different person.  I don't know much about that other guy (other than he had this weird fixation of Craig Coxe lol).  But yeah, THAT guy (Pauser) passed away a number of years ago.

Speaking of Dan Russel....in his prime, I'd argue he had the best local sports talk radio show by a country mile.  Then he got bitter because the Canucks passed him over imho.

Yup.  Russel’s show was must listen radio.  I remember when a young Michael Buble (well before he was a star singer) used to phone in as a regular caller.  Pauser was an interesting caller.  The callers made that show great.  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Because there was plenty of ignorance as part of that play.  Many of us saw what we wanted to, and when a respected member of out community, who happens to cheer for the other side, explained that we were not given all the views to show we were wrong, instead of waiting to see, many here attacked him.

Well to be fair, what should the fan of another team expect from our board?  I don’t get the posters who are fans of other team’s coming here.  Why not post on your own boards?  

I wasn't involved in the GDT that @Kragar was talking about, but I'll step in and support Sabrefan as well.

I've been involved in several discussions with Sabre over the years and although he occasionally did do a bit of trolling, it was usually in good fun from what I could see. My experience is also that he had a very thick skin, (as one must, being a fan of both the Sabres and the Bills) so to make him quit, it must have gotten pretty personal.

I tend to believe Kragar when he says people crossed the line. It certainly wouldn't be the first time.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Well to be fair, what should the fan of another team expect from our board?  I don’t get the posters who are fans of other team’s coming here.  Why not post on your own boards?  

He was a regular poster, and well respected.  He'd yank some chains once in a while, but far from a fulltime troll.  IIRC, he would take his lumps when we beat the Sabres, and would stay out of the way in PGT if the Sabres won.  Seems pretty respectable to me, and sets him apart from the real trolls.

I just think it was extremely poor judgment to deny the possibility of it not being a goal when we had limited views and we hear about there being another perspective that makes it not even close.  I hope those who were attacking him felt like crap when they saw just how far that was from being a goal.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

A lot of times, they're active in Off-topic and/or sports threads. (Sabre was in the NFL thread a fair amount)

It's only natural that it spills over into GDTs, especially when your respective teams face each other....

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I wasn't involved in the GDT that @Kragar was talking about, but I'll step in and support Sabrefan as well.

I only found out cuz of comments about SF in an OT discussion.  I had to go back and see it afterwards.

When I saw the play, I thought/hoped it was a goal.  But I sure got a chuckle during the intermission when we were shown the truth.

Seeing a number of things in that part of the GDT were disappointing. I'm done talking about it, as I have had to edit some of my posts here already (before submitting) in case I cross a line.  I just wish he would come back, to OT at least.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Kragar said:

He was a regular poster, and well respected.  He'd yank some chains once in a while, but far from a fulltime troll.  IIRC, he would take his lumps when we beat the Sabres, and would stay out of the way in PGT if the Sabres won.  Seems pretty respectable to me, and sets him apart from the real trolls.

I just think it was extremely poor judgment to deny the possibility of it not being a goal when we had limited views and we hear about there being another perspective that makes it not even close.  I hope those who were attacking him felt like crap when they saw just how far that was from being a goal.

Still makes no sense to be on another team’s board, unless it’s for non-hockey stuff.  Imagine going as a Canuck’s fan to the Flame’s board and get active cheer for the Canucks when they play the Flames.  If trolling is to antagonize the Flame’s fans, that’s clearly doing it.  No, I see no reason for another team’s fans to be here (.in hockey threads about our team) except to antagonize.  That’s the definition of trolling.  Just stay on your team’s board.