The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 19, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

18 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

The Canucks are playing meaningful games right now and people are pissed 

I really don't get this, I thought this is what hockey was about

I'm really enjoying the Canuck games this season, with all the score board watching and everything

Im with u 100% on this loved watching this team come together the past few years 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, mll said:

Looks like Fiala was trying to break.  He turned his skate to try and stop but Hughes pushed him into Markstrom.  

Nice try.  I thought this clear attempt to injure Marky would actually get Marky into the game.  It didn’t though.  Marky still played the rest of the game in a fog.  

before the complainers complain check the magic number thread the OP just updated it 

the Canucks can play 1 game below .500 hockey and still make the playoffs

there really is nothing to worry about

most likely is the Canucks end up in a top 3 position in their division

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

Louie actually played a pretty good game tonight.  

I know there's lots of people clamoring for Zack to play, but Louie wasn't even close to being our worst forward tonight. He got in on the forecheck a few times and had a couple of scoring chances. 

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Here come the confused (pseudo down vote) emojis.  

You are, of course, 110% correct though.

and add to the Green coaching methods that JB publicly announces contract talks have broken off with Marky!  What the hell is going on with the guys at the top?  Marky got ran over a couple times in that game.  Guys who are that important should never have to worry about getting a career ending injury because they have no contract security.  I really don’t get what we are thinking sometimes.  

i thought he said they were postponed till after the season

i suspect that valuation is an issue

marky has zero playoff games

likely impacting what the nucks are prepared to offer him

so things are tabled for now

i also distinctly heard jb also say

that other players are told to let marky get run over for the rest of the season

to put more pressure on him to sign his contract now and cave in on his demands

i'm sure that'll help the process

markly probably got some of that message tonight :wub:

jb sure is becoming a tough negotiator

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup, I saw that too.  Guys are skating through Petey whether he has the puck or not.  It’s kind of sad seeing a great talent like him not having a mate to watch his back.  Jake is our biggest fast guy.  Green should have Jake with Petey.  And coach Jake to injure guys who even look at Petey the wrong way.  No fighting the guy, but really hurt him when the guy is not expecting contact.  We are a very soft team to play against.  The other teams’ top skilled guys have way too easy a time moving around the ice.  This is where Jake should be coached to make those players’ lives miserable.  Again it’s Green’s Philosophy to play passive and chase though.  

coach Jake to get more suspensions got it.

• Cheers 1

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

Louie actually played a pretty good game tonight.  

I know there's lots of people clamoring for Zack to play, but Louie wasn't even close to being our worst forward tonight. He got in on the forecheck a few times and had a couple of scoring chances. 

He should not be on the team much less the second line. 6 millions dollars is why he is on the team. He really doesn’t impact the game at all in a positive way.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Nice try.  I thought this clear attempt to injure Marky would actually get Marky into the game.  It didn’t though.  Marky still played the rest of the game in a fog.  

Probably not a coincidence either that since the media has been throwing the Vezina word around Marky there have been a noticeable uptick in these collisions.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I agree. Gets pushed so easy when it's convenient for him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Probably not a coincidence either that since the media has been throwing the Vezina word around Marky there have been a noticeable uptick in these collisions.

I wonder if Marky has any thought while he’s playing that if he gets injured it’s going to cost him on his next contract?  Why is he not signed, so he can have the security of knowing he’s 100% financially okay?  I really don’t understand JB’s thinking here.  

Another factor is this is one of the father’s trip game for the Wild. Players hate losing in front of their dads, if anything we should not allow so many teams to pick our city as their destination for fathers trip. This is like the 3rd time this season where we have to put up with opposing team’s fathers in the building.

Just now, luckylager said:

A beautiful conflict between your user name and message. It speaks perfectly to the masses of Canucks fans, those of us wondering what exactly happened to Bo?

It's like the C is so heavy he can't carry the team on his back anymore. There's this oomph missing from his game since he got the letter. All nicey, nicey pooh-pooh out there. He doesn't seem as determined to do whatever it takes to win.

We all wanted Bo to be captain because he used to lead by example, throw the team on his back and leave it all out there. Play with jump and fire. But he's just playing like a clone lately. No passion

He's gotta wake up. Not saying I don't still love the guy, but he's gotta get back to playing with the kind of drive that got him that letter.

Getting Loui off his wing would be a good start.  Bo really needs a winger who carries the puck.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, xereau said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

seriously. worse signing this franchise has ever had. and that's saying something over a span of 50 years. 

missed a wide open net, that could've changed the dynamics of the game. 

why does Green continue to trot him out on the top six is beyond me. 

• Haha 1